This is a multi-level position that can be a salary grade G08 or G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibilities required for the position.
Are you passionate about new technology? Are you interested in applying that passion toward guiding new technology selection efforts and helping to pave the way for those solutions to become the future foundational capabilities of the business? RMS IT Engineering Solutions is seeking a highly motivated senior technologist who can effectively lead engineering software focused capability assessments, trade studies and pilot implementation efforts for emerging software technology in areas including but not limited to augmented/virtual reality, artificial intelligence, machine learning, Internet of Things, cloud and advanced automation.
This position will report into the Emerging and Foundational Capabilities department within the IT Engineering Solutions directorate which is responsible for leading and supporting new technology insertion efforts for engineering software and tooling solutions that span multiple engineering disciplines and is additionally responsible for providing oversight, planning and support for core platform services used by all of Engineering including software licensing services, automation frameworks, tool integration platforms and distributed computing solutions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Minimum required Skills:
- Leading technology assessment efforts in partnership with Engineering and IT stakeholders to identify candidate solutions that meet the needs the needs of all business stakeholders, with a strong emphasis on ensuring that IT requirements such as performance, supportability and scalability are addressed
- Capturing and translating engineering requirements into objective software capabilities and communicating those to multiple levels of leadership within IT, Engineering and external suppliers
- Deploying candidate solutions within appropriate computing environments in support of evaluation, pilot and initial production deployments while ensuring that deployed solutions are well documented and compliant with applicable company policies and best practices
- Supporting deployed solutions during evaluation, pilot and initial production releases including testing, troubleshooting, supplier support coordination and issue resolution
- Collaborating with counterparts at other business units to help develop overall Raytheon solutions and ensure that RMS is able to leverage the value of these shared solutions
Highly Desired Skills:
- BS with a major in Engineering, Computer Science, or MIS or a related IT field or STEM degree and minimum 4 years of experience in an IT related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to articulate complex technical concepts in terms that can be understood by multiple audiences
- Demonstrated experience in testing, troubleshooting, deployment and support of software applications in an enterprise environment
- Ability to apply systems thinking and troubleshooting skills in fast-paced, complex IT environment
- Passion and tenacity for solving challenging technical problems, and a desire to help others
- Possess the necessary interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization, within a team environment and individually
- Must be able to obtain a secret clearance
Required Education (including Major): BS with a major in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experienceSpecial Requirements:Must be able to obtain a clearanceThis position requires a U.S. Person.
- Working knowledge of engineering software and the engineering design process
- Familiarity or experience with artificial intelligence, machine learning, IoT, cloud and infrastructure as code technologies
- Software development and automation experience
- Linux and Windows system administration proficiency
- Experience with virtualization and container technology (esp. VMware/Docker)
- Project management experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.