This position serves as a Finance Capture Manager, with reporting responsibilities to Estimating and Pricing. This position works closely with Program Finance and Franchise Capture managers across the business.
Job Description: As a member of the Finance Capture leadership team, this position will lead and manage the implementation of key strategic projects, franchise captures and day-to-day proposal requirements, with particular focus on Capture Management Excellence and proposal improvement efforts. Due to the breadth of responsibility, this position provides tremendous exposure to Capture Management Excellence and the IDS leadership team’s strategic direction for the business, as well as the opportunity to demonstrate a high level of creativity, innovation, diversity, and initiative. Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to, Finance Capture lead for competitive, major sole source, critical technologies and international pursuits.
This assignment provides exposure to the strategic elements of estimating & pricing and capture management excellence. This role is a highly visible position within Integrated Defense Systems and Global Business Services and requires strong attention to detail while responding quickly to urgent business needs.
- Strong experience analyzing statements of work (SOW) and RFPs on the most complex proposals in order to meet customer expectations.
- Experience creating accurate ROM estimates for management and “What if” analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately define complex issues and identify risks and opportunities.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with experience reviewing proposals prior to submission.
- Knowledge of various types of government, commercial and foreign contracts in regards to proposal creation in order to effectively meet the company's financial objectives.
- Demonstrated understanding of learning curves, economies of scale, complexity factors and allocation models to properly forecast costs in a proposal.
- Demonstrated complete understanding of rate structures (direct and indirect labor rates), overhead rates, fringe and G&A.
- Ability to concisely communicate information to management providing them actionable intelligence. Extensive knowledge of the proposals across the businesses.
- Ability to mentor others on key stakeholders’ internal structures and how to effectively use them to create the most efficient proposal schedule.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with business and program leadership.
- Ability to communicate, lead and influence in a multifunctional team environment.
- Ability to become proficient in the ACES pricing tools within six months of accepting the position.
Required Experience and Education:
- Demonstrated strategic leadership with proposal efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to assist in opportunity assessment of new proposal efforts by creating thorough competitor assessments.
- Thorough understanding of the NBI budget, Win/Win Strategy, Price to Win, Cost Strategy, Offset Strategy and ROI Analysis.
- Broad understanding of the programs, process flow of the businesses, and their interdependencies toward strategic decision making.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the business strategy, various business models used, and how RTN proposes new business.
- In-depth knowledge of business internal structures to create pricing algorithms.
- Ability to create sophisticated, structured logical thinking paths in order to back-up and justify estimates and financial strategies.
US Citizenship Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Economics or related field and 8 years of applicable experience
- This position requires access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.