An opportunity exists within the Command & Control, Radar and Mobile Sensors Software department in Tewksbury, MA for a Sr Software Engineer II.
The Command & Control, Radar and Mobile Sensors Software department contributes to the success of Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) by providing NoDoubt™ software solutions throughout the product lifecycles of some of IDS’ most rapidly transportable world class radar, missile, command & control, and homeland defense systems. The department is a critical source of support for a variety of new technology initiatives and internal research and development (R&D) efforts. Some of the programs supported by the departments include – Qatar Adoc, NATO ACCS, 3DELRR, Zumwalt, DBR, NASAMS, and multiple IRAD.
Candidate will be an integral part of the Software team as a development, integration and test engineer. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining, debugging and fixing problems with the SW application, as well as supporting integration efforts. The SW application is built on an IBM ClearCase environment, specifically using a Linux/UNIX (Redhat, HPUX and IBM) platform, utilizing mainly C++/JAVA programming languages. The candidate shall also be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems, with solutions that are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organization objectives, work under only general direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions. Ability to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance is required
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, debugging and fixing problems with the Radar software applications, as well as supporting software integration and verification efforts. Our radar software applications, including implementations of signal processing algorithms and time critical control functions, involved in direct control of sensor systems, are developed using C++ and Java programming languages running Linux or UNIX operating systems on a variety of computing platforms. This position will also include working closely with Software Architects and Principal Systems, Hardware, and Software engineers to interpret requirements and correctly implement these requirements in software. There are travel opportunities available to support the radar systems at various sites.
These position can be a salary grade G09 or G10 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Required Education (including Major):
- 6+ years’ experience on all phases of Software Engineering including
- 6 years experience with C++
- 4 year Linux or UNIX experience
- Experience developing software in a team based development environment, preferably Agile/SCRUM
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Existing secret clearance, or ability to obtain an interim clearance within 30 days and full clearance thereafter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing and continuous integration
- Software development experience in a DoD environment
- Radar domain knowledge
- Strong problem solving ability
- Broad real-time, multi-threaded software development experience
- Software development experience of a Signal Processing application
- Experience in developing and optimizing algorithms for performance
- Self-starter and ability to lead development, integration and test activities
- Familiarity with the following Software Tools: Rational Rhapsody, ClearCase and Team Concert, Jenkins, DOORS
- Strong Object-Oriented Design Knowledge including UML
- Direct experience implementing complex signal processing algorithms in C++ meeting latency and throughput performance requirements or experience in implementing complex control operations in software with defined performance timelines
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
KEYWORDS: C++, Linux, UNIX, Java, OOD, real-time software development, Agile, Scrum, Signal ProcessingWhat’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or related STEM field.
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.