Position is a remote opportunity that will require travel.
In this role, you will be required to work directly with suppliers to satisfy quality standards and strategy in the manufacture of aerospace and electronic components.
- Conducts tests, inspections, audits and validations to ensure process compliance with contracts, our client and KBRWyle's KAS group requirements and specifications for design, engineering, products, equipment, maintenance and services.
- Validates that certification/calibration for operators and special processes is current.
- Conducts source inspections, evaluations and/or surveillance of vendors, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Uses and cares for inspection tools, measuring and test equipment.
- Conducts sampling inspections in accordance with approved plans and procedures.
- Participates in root-cause-analysis.
- Conducts follow-up audits to review the effectiveness of implemented corrective actions.
- Collects and uses statistical data for the monitoring and evaluation of trends.
- Provides training and tutoring to other inspection personnel.
- Participates in design reviews to ensure inclusion of quality requirements.
- Provides activity and status reports to management.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Quality Inspector 2:
- High school diploma or equivalent required plus 3 years of experience.
Quality Inspector 3:
- High school diploma or equivalent required plus 5 years of experience.
- Please note: Candidates must successfully complete and pass a Skills Checklist.
- Full understanding of the quality system; understanding of quality processes.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret prints/drawings and other technical documents that describe the system and processes.
- Ability to use most inspection tools, measuring and test equipment.
- Trained in the use of TQ tools.
- Ability to read and understand policies, procedures and processes.
- Must pass Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) test.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Primary Location: US-US-CA-Los Angeles
Req ID: 1080408