KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Human Resources Generalist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of the Human Resources Generalist/Compensation Specialist is to research, analyze and recommend changes to the compensation program to meet identified objectives and the needs of the organization. Incumbent will provide HR Generalist support in other areas within the department.
- Responsible for entering new hires into the HRIS and processing manager change requests, i.e. salary adjustments, promotions, etc.
- Assist managers with preparing supporting documentation for salary recommendations and conducting internal/external analysis.
- Participate in salary surveys and maintain salary structure.
- Administer the 90-day review, annual performance appraisal and compensation merit processes.
- Responsible for maintaining employee job descriptions.
- Primary interface between HR and accounting/finance/payroll.
- Provide pricing assistance as needed.
- Prepare compensation reports according to an established schedule.
- Responsible for mapping non-exempt employees to the Service Contract Act (SCA) positions and maintaining appropriate records.
- Work with recruiters to confirm salary recommendations are in line and appropriate prior to offers being extended.
- Provide back-up support to other HR personnel.
- Provide support for special projects and contract phase-in activities.
- Incumbent will perform other duties and assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Business Management with a concentration in Human Resources Management or related discipline, and 3 years of professional HR experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Project planning and organization skills.
- Strong customer service orientation (i.e. listening, follow-through, willingness to help).
- Flexible - ability to adapt to changing policies, procedures, priorities or work environments.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Secret Security Clearance required.
Job: HR Specialist
Primary Location: US-Virginia
Req ID: 1080427