Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) currently has an opening for a .NET system/software developer supporting the PDSS team in Millington, TN. This is a direct backfill for a fulltime position to support the Navy Personnel Command for program support of the EMPRS and BUPERS On-line systems.
PRIMARY DUTIES - The candidate will:
• Maintain, Design, develop, and integrate multi-tiered Microsoft .NET based web applications supporting Navy Personnel Command projects.
• Design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manage their implementation.
• Work as a leader or member of a team.
• Review existing programs and assists in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
• Formulate and define specifications for software applications or modifies and maintain existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
• Be responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
• Be responsible for quality assurance review and evaluation of existing and new software products.
• Develop system components including services and user screens
• Assisting with system testing
• Application and System deployment
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience, or an associate degree with 4+ years of experience, or .NET development with SQL Server for at least 3 years experience ideally with C#.
REQUIRED SKILLS: This position requires a self-motivated, professional individual with demonstrated progressive experience designing and developing web applications, including:
• Experience as a web based application engineer/developer using .NET Frameworks, Visual Studio and Microsoft SQL Server development.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the .NET MVC Framework
• Understanding of the software development lifecycle, strong analysis skills, experience in designing, developing, implementing testing .NET based business applications.
• Knowledge of Telerik and Resharper is a plus.
• Ability to train and coach junior development members on effective Unit Testing techniques.
The candidate must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and will develop software in web or thin client environments. Candidate will interface with end-users, system engineers and database administrators on a regular basis so interpersonal skills are a must. Candidate is expected to have the analysis skills to solve problems.
U.S. Citizenship is required. This position requires a background check and that the candidate currently be and remain eligible for a SECRET clearance. Inability to obtain and maintain a successful background check will result in candidate being ineligible for this position.
Information Security Certification: Prior to the hire date, the candidate must possess one of the following Information Security certifications.
• CISA (Certified Information System Auditor)
• GSE (GIAC Security Essentials)
• CISSP (Certified Information System Security Professional)
Professional Certification: Within six (6) months of hire date, the candidate must either obtain a commercial computing environment certification or a computing environment training certificate.