SAIC has an immediate need for a Components Engineer to support of the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) Aviation & Missile Center Systems Simulation Software & Integration (S3I) Directorate.
SAIC develops and integrates advanced technologies during the entire life cycle of fielded Army aviation and missile systems. Representative examples include air and ballistic missile defense, fire support, close combat, manned and unmanned aviation, command, control and communications; interoperability, intelligence/surveillance, and automatic test equipment.
A Components Engineer is needed as part of a team providing hardware and software development solutions to the CCDC Aviation & Missile Center S3I Systems Design Group (SDG) located in Huntsville, AL.
Support selection, implementation, qualification, test, and failure analysis of electronic, electrical, electromechanical (EEE) and mechanical devices & components
Administer engineering configuration control, standardization, review, evaluation and lifecycle management of EEE components
Create/maintain internal standard operating procedures relating to lifecycle management of EEE components
Participate in hardware engineering peer reviews
· BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Materials Science and 5+ years of related experience
· Solid experience with specification, procurement, qualification, etc. of high-reliability, military, automotive and/or commercial EEE components
· Working knowledge of configuration management principles
· MS Office Suite, SharePoint and MS Visio
· Ability to work well in a team environment and with minimum supervision
· Experience with SolidWorks Electrical / Altium Designer
· Experience with Design for Manufacturing (DFM)
· Must be able to obtain a SECRET clearance
· Current SECRET clearance preferred