SAIC has an opening for a System Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) Engineer. This position requires insight and experience in a variety of systems engineering, system design, upgrade planning, design and implementation, operational readiness preparation, and operations support tasks. This individual will assist the government customer with end-to-end planning, implementation, deployment, operation and enhancement of complex systems. This will include requirements definition, performance analysis, document preparation and review, and status tracking. This person will also assist in the coordination of deployment and system activation activities, including integration support, and facilitate survey and sustained operations.
The position requires strong system engineering perspective and leadership skills to support a government team in technical coordination, risk assessment, progress tracking, and implementation trades. The SETA will support oversight of development contractor activities, including planning of verification and test activities, and test witnessing. Outstanding oral and written communication skills, proven leadership ability, and a strong desire to work in a dynamic team environment are also required. Candidate must be highly skilled in Excel, PowerPoint and Project to support program activities.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Minimum of 14 years in an operations support role
- Minimum of 15 years recent or current experience in system or software development, operations support, or other direct support to the intelligence community (IC)
- Familiarity with Telecommunication and Communications Systems
- Experience writing requirements document, test plans, standard operating procedures and other common engineering documents
- Experience with currently deployed intelligence community (IC) systems