The Licensed Clinical Social Worker will function within an operational unit, as a Behavioral Health Care Provider and is responsible for the application of social work procedures and techniques, including interviewing, behavioral assessment, and evidenced-based therapies, in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological and neuropsychological disorders using the following skills: individual, family and group psychotherapy, couple's therapy, alcohol and drug treatment evaluations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend and participate in meetings during normal duty hours, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: quality improvement meetings, professional staff meetings, commander's staff meetings, and other meetings required by applicable regulations or as directed by the unit Commander of his/her designee.
- Conduct applied research and clinical investigations in clinical/behavioral health/organizational social work.
- Consult with medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts as required.
- Maintain accurate and current notes in the paper medical records (if created) and electronic medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatment.
- Participate in military specific training/activities (e.g., security clearances, use of the DoD or service specific clinical practice guidelines, pre-post deployment screening, PTSD, and combat stress) and others as directed by the unit Commander or his/her designee. This position may include clinical supervision of unlicensed providers or trainees.
- May be required to perform some, or all, of the following activities: Participates in and successfully completes required DoD or service required training; Contact referred patients to assess treatment adherence; Use validated symptom inventories to assess current symptom severity; Assess barriers to treatment adherence and help patient problem-solve solutions to barriers; Provide patients with education regarding their mental health condition and treatment regimen; maintain patient information in a patient registry; maintain accurate and current notes in the electronic medical records of all patients contacted for review by the managing physician; Routinely staffs difficult cases with the referring provider, behavioral health consultant and/or psychiatry consultant; and Performs case management functions.
- Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) or equivalent (MSSW, MSSA) degree from a graduate school of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Maintain a current, unrestricted clinical license to independently practice social work in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Maintain credentialing requirements in good standing at a local MTF.
- Minimum of two (2) years within the past five (5) years in the independent practice of clinical social work in a mental health setting.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of professional standards and ethics regarding the delivery of clinical social work services.
- Experience in brief behavioral interventions.
- May be required to receive and maintain clinical practice privileges.
Desired Education, Experience, Skills or Training:
- Prior military and/or SOF experience.
- Experience working in a Government setting such a DOD or Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) MTF.
Standard Company Requirements:
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
- Perform other assignments and duties, as required.
This position does not offer relocation.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Human Factors
Primary Location: US-US-NC-Fort Bragg
Req ID: 1080830