General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Here’s an opportunity to work for the US Air Force’s most storied and advanced Distributed Training operation at Kirtland AFB, NM.
Winner of numerous US Air Force and US Department of Defense training awards over the last 18 years, the Distributed Mission Operations Center (DMOC) at Kirtland AFB, NM is the Air Force’s primary hub for distributed combat training exercises, testing and experimentation. Through the DMOC, warfighters at locations around the globe face realistic environments to practice tactics and procedures in highly-realist training environments.
The DMOC architecture integrates synthetic (virtual and/or constructive) simulations across various networks to support a battlespace that accurately models adversary and friendly weapons and weapons systems, focusing on Command, Control, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems. Integrating live, virtual and constructive (LVC) elements, the DMOC is a major contributor to the US Air Force’s Operational Training Infrastructure (OTI). The DMOC paves the way to bridge the gap for fifth generation training in air, space, and cyber domains. This is your chance to influence an industry leader as the DMOC moves to the next level of exceptional training capabilities.
We are looking for innovative and forward-thinking software engineers to help us create a state-of-the-art battlespace and the tools to manage it. The DMOC is on the verge of moving the Air Force to the next level of advanced distributed training, and the skills we’re searching for may include:
Research, design, develop, modify and maintain enterprise-wide systems and applications software.
* 5-8 years of related software development experience.
* Expert knowledge of C/C++ and familiarity with Python in a Linux environment required
* Knowledge of C#, Visual Basic, Java desired
* Familiarity with multi-platform development in Linux and Windows desired
* Familiarity with code revision repositories such as git, mercurial, or subversion
* Live, Virtual and Constructive (LVC)/ Distributed Mission Operations (DMO) experience highly
* Knowledge base in Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) Protocol Data Unit (PDU) and tactical
datalink message manipulation highly desired
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree required, and Master’s Degree preferred, in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* TS/SCI Clearance required
* IA baseline certification in accordance with DoD 8140
* CompTIA Security + certification highly desired (job offer is contingent on Security + certification
within 90 days of starting work)