Space Science Payload Data System Lead Needed for JPL’s NISAR Instrument Payload Data Subsystem (PDS) Cognizant Engineer. Selected applicant will lead a team of approximately 20 engineers and techs to complete design, development and test of the PDS for a JPL space science instrument.
- Identifies all stakeholders in Payload Data System
- Determines required PDS functionality and configurations based on stakeholder input and prior experience including needed brass boards, simulators, and Electrical Ground Support Equipment
- Establishes schedule and secures adequate support staff to meet promised delivery dates
- Coordinates PDS design, fabrication, and delivery.
- Assures PDS team representation during instrument functional and environmental testing..
- Communicates with stakeholders and staff regularly to provide status updates and monitor progress Knowledge and Skills Required
- Familiarity with the software, hardware, and processes required to develop a space science PDS
- Familiarity with NASA & JPL documents governing PDS design, certification, and use
- Ability to coordinate & communicate with all stakeholders including outside review panels
- Ability to direct activities of a large, possibly distributed team (20 people)
- Familiar with the procurement of electrical and data systems in accordance with NASA/JPL standards and policies
- Extensive experience in schedule planning and executing to plans to include rephasing to meet changing needs and delivery dates.
- Creative problem solving, high quality work, team leadership, meeting commitments.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in aerospace electrical component and data systems development; including significant team leadership experience.
- Permanent JPL onsite presence for a period of 24-36 months is required.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Engineering Operations
Primary Location: US-US-CA-Pasadena
Req ID: 1081348