The SAIC Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command and United States Marine Corps Defense Operation is seeking a highly dynamic and experienced executive with keen business acumen to lead the Charleston, South Carolina based Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) Systems Engineering Integration portfolio.
The Vice President of Programs (VPP) is responsible for the vision, strategy, growth, execution, and talent management for the portfolio. The VPP must be able to forecast, monitor, and meet annual business plan financials and operational objectives with a focused effort on driving growth that aligns with the broader organization strategic plans. The successful individual must initiate and participate in business strategy development, guide business development and capture activities, maintain financial controls for the organization, and create an environment conducive to staff development and professional growth. The VPP is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined SAIC guidelines and policies.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Identifying, managing and nurturing top-level client and potential client relationships and conducting program-level client assessments
• Leading and managing subordinate PMs. Provide oversight to managed programs in portfolio.
• Identifying new strategic thrusts within the account; planning, executing, and supervising business development strategies and directing multiple simultaneous capture efforts
• Developing and executing annual financial plans
• Meeting cost, schedule and performance objectives to drive top-line and bottom-line growth
• Maintaining prescribed financial controls and assuring the integrity of financial matters
• Leading subordinate managers in efforts where the scope and complexity of responsibilities require the integration of multiple disciplines and functions
• Coordinating efforts with supporting organizations including contracts, procurement, project control, finance, accounting, and human resources
• Regular interaction across all levels of management. Interactions may involve controversial situations, customer negotiations, or influencing and persuading other senior level managers that result in the best business outcomes
• Creating and maintaining a collaborative environment conducive to the professional growth and development of staff and the free flow of information throughout the entire organization.
• 18+ years of relevant experience with 5+ years in an executive leadership role.
• Demonstrated success leading, managing, and overseeing a portfolio of programs
• Technical domain experience and deep knowledge of Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Atlantic and Marine Corps Systems Command (MARFORSYSCOM) C5ISR domains
• Demonstrated success identifying, qualifying, winning and executing major programs
• Significant and relevant customer relationships across NIWC Atlantic and MARFORSYSCOM
• Deep understanding of Federal contracting practices
• Demonstrated success serving as a Program Manager on major programs
• Working knowledge of functional topics including contracts, finance, and human resources
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline required. Advanced relevant degree desired.
CLEARANCE: Current Secret with the ability to acquire a Top Secret Clearance