General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Sr. Project Manager
Top Secret Clearance
US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the warfighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
1. The IT Project Manager will be required to plan and manage various customer facing IT Projects.
2. The Project Manager will work closely with the Program's Project Portfolio Manager and government client to develop project estimates (schedules, cost estimates, materials, services, etc.) to meet the client's requirement.
3. The IT Project Manager will be client-facing and required to deliver projects on time and within budget. Projects will vary in scope and size depending on the nature of the requirement.
4. A range of projects may be assigned at a time which may include coordination with various engineering teams, vendors and other non GDIT contract personnel.
5. Projects may consists of large OS migrations, physical IT hardware relocations, standing up new locations with all of the required IT infrastructure and user facing devices, life-cycle and device recap projects, etc.
6. The project manager will facilitate, manage and execute project activities from large or complex tasks that may include enterprise systems integration, data maintenance and migration, and other analysis of projects.
1. 5+ years professional experience with 3+ years of IT Project Management experience.
2. Understanding of project management process of ascertaining work, executing work, and post-project procedures.
3. Experience with and the ability to develop, maintain and report on project plans and schedules.
4. Must be well-versed with MS Project and general experience in using SharePoint.
5. Solid experience with project budgeting and scheduling.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially in a client interaction context.
7. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite/Tools including word, excel, powerpoint, sharepoint, project.
8. Demonstrated understanding of DoD information technology systems, tools, process, or organizations.
9. Depending on job assignment, additional specific certifications may be required.
10. Can take direction from several individuals as well as work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
11. Experience with client development; building on existing and introducing new products and/or services.
12. Additional experience can be substituted for education.
13. Highly Desired: Experience with DoD Coalition information sharing, NATO, MPE, JIE, or other interoperability programs, standards and systems.
14. Desired: DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges.
15. Desired - Understanding of cross domain simulations and processes.
16. Must possess and maintain a Top Secret Clearance with Eligibility for Top Secret/SCI.
17. Depending on job assignment, additional specific certifications may be required.
18. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide
19. The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
1. PMP Certification required. If absent, must obtain within 5 months of hire.
2. ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job. #BICES and #CJPOST
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#dpost #cjobs #cjpost #isdcj #GDITRecruiter #BICES
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management or Computer Science.