General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
****SECURITY SCRUB REQUIRED****
Customer is looking for a DevOPS engineer who will champion DevOps integration. Successful candidate will partner with development and operations team to successfully communicate, collaborate, design, and implement a robust cloud solution that supports continuous development and integration. Role will be expected to support a major transition and migration of data and applications from current bare-metal infrastructure to a cloud-based environment. Position will be responsible for middleware baselines, multiple OS baselines and successfully work to integrate DevOps practices within the customers framework and infrastructure.
Required Skills: AWS/C2S, DevOPS, Apache, Tomcat, Puppet, Security best practices to include, Linux and Windows environments, EC2, VPC, Cloud Formation, Terraform
Desired Skills/Experience: Shell, Pearl, Python, Azure, Openstack, Java, Pentaho, Rstudio, Rtools, Nifi, VMware, Hyper-V, Monitoring concepts
• IAM Roles design to setup access to automation process in Cloud formation, Terraform experience, Cloud watch, Cluster automation, Cluster monitoring
• Strong understanding of enterprise solutions architecture, technical leadership and strategy supporting middleware engineering and DevOps framework for Cloud and bare metal infrastructure.
• Subject matter expert in automated provisioning and deployment strategies and functional experience with such tools as (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins)
• Demonstrated on the job knowledge and engineering experience with integrating COTS, GOTS and open source products.
• Strong background with middleware technologies (Apache, Tomcat, IIS, Passenger etc)
• Excellent knowledge of and understanding of underlying Operating Systems such as Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Solaris) and Windows technologies ( 2008-2016 R2)
• Able and willing to perform Tier-3 SME level functions such as investigating, troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis on production incidents related to the middleware layer.
• Strong experience and understanding of cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Openstack)
• Strong scripting experience with (Shell, Perl, Python)
• Excellent understanding of security and compliance best practices. (cryptography, privilege separation, RBAC, INFOSEC, Auditing and patching compliance.
• Demonstrated development, programming experience with Java, C++, PEARL
• Experience with ETL and big Data Tools Pentaho, Logstash, Kibana, RStudio, Rtools, Nifi and CloverETL
• DevOps and automation tools to include: Puppet, JENKINS, Foreman, and Nexus
• Proven IDE experience, Eclipse, SVN, GIT, and IntelliJ
• Experience with underlying storage (LVM) and storage protocols
• Desired Certifications: AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer, AWS SysOPS Administrator
Analyzes user needs and performs research and functional analysis on a variety of projects
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.