Do you enjoy tackling technical problems no one has solved before?
Do you want to join a team that thrives on diversity of thought and innovative ideas?
Principal or Senior Principal Systems Engineer
Systems Engineering Integration and Test Lead for Ship Self Defense System (SSDS)
An opportunity exists within SVTAD's Seapower and Sensor Systems Department (SSS) in San Diego California for a Senior Principal Systems Engineer.
IDS Engineering’s Systems Validation, Test and Analysis Directorate (SVTAD) is the central focus for integration, test and validation activities across all IDS programs. SVTAD employees provide the expertise to ensure customer success through the development and execution of innovative and comprehensive test, verification, and validation strategies, processes, tools and techniques. SVTAD employees are involved in all aspects of test including: design-for-test, integration, subsystem and component level testing through sell-off of IDS ' most sophisticated systems and technologies.
Opportunities currently exist within SVTAD's Seapower and Sensor Systems Department in San Diego CA. The Seapower and Sensors Systems Department (SSS) provides expertise in the integration, validation, and sell off for various naval defense programs within IDS. SSS Engineers are involved in all aspects of the Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) cycle. SSS engineers have ownership authority to ensure that individual items are integrated and perform as expected as well as ensuring that the system can be sold off. In San Diego CA some of the programs SVTAD SSS supports are the Ship Self Defense System (SSDS), GPS-based Position, Navigation and Timing Service (GPNTS), Landing Platform Dock (LPD) programs and the Total Ship Activation of the first of class USS Zumwalt DDG-1000.
Join this highly visible team and perform technically challenging assignments which will directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters.
The Systems Engineering SSDS Integration and Test Lead will lead the SSDS Test Team. Responsibilities include;
- Shape the vision and lead the transformation of SSDS Integration and Test into a scaled agile development framework
- Responsible for establishing test and integration approach to include continuous integration and automated test.
- Work with Chief Product Owner in an Agile environment to plan the test objectives for each increment
- Coordinate with Combat System Integration Lab in Portsmouth, RI, to plan and execute test and integration events with other combat system elements.
- Collaborate with RTN and Navy Engineering Leads and Program Management to ensure Test Program alignment.
- Review program status, execute corrective actions, and assist the PMO in all areas related to System Integration and Test including Planning, Integration and Verification leading to a successful Formal Qualification Test (FQT).
- Extensive collaboration and interaction with Program Managers, Chief Engineer, Chief Product Owner, CPT Leads, Managers, and other Engineering Leaders to achieve program objectives.
- Monitor all EACs, Earned Value and provide inputs to SVTAD tracking book to ensure program execution meets or exceeds program execution expectations.
- Proactively contribute to the performance of the program, product solutions, and interdependent execution.
- SSDS Program Point of Contact for all Integration and Test activities, supporting program and customer reviews.
- 8 years of Engineering experience working System Level Integration and Test with 6 years as a Test Lead and at least 2 years of that in a System Level Integration and Test Agile environment.
- Experience with Program Start-up and Planning
- Extensive experience with DOORs for Requirements traceability and sell-off.
- Extensive experience with Test Automation and automated data analysis.
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate effectively up, across and down
- Ability to work in an environment with ever changing priorities and effectively communicate to the program office, customer, and Integration and Test Team to maintain alignment and drive required change.
- Active Secret clearance
- Experience leading cultural change
- Experience transitioning legacy program to scaled agile development framework
- Experience with SSDS or other Combat Management Systems.Knowledge of process improvement methodologies.
- Experience in preparing Estimates at Completion (EAC) and proposal bidding.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Building a high performing team environment
- Master’s degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Required Education:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or related engineering disciplines.
- What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
"Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.