Software Builder, Configuration Management
Job ID: 486478BR
Date posted: Jun. 11, 2019
State: New Jersey
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Here at Lockheed Martin's RMS business in Moorestown, NJ we are working on many exciting defense programs and developing cutting edge products and applications to meet the complex and evolving needs of our customers. Major programs we are developing include Space Fence, Aegis, Littoral Combat System (LCS) along with many others.
The Software Development Analyst develops and maintains software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of both internally developed and externally purchased commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software products. Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable. Automates, and maintains productivity tools using programming, database or scripting languages to improve software modeling and development. Implements build procedures that are used to support software product development and use. Develops software configuration standards and policies for company-wide use. Trains software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards. Maintains the Software Configuration Management System including collection or distribution of code documentation, problem report and change request processing, software build documents, and delivery of software products to operational environments. Implements long term organizational objectives for software process improvement (e.g., SEI CMM), compliance with ISO 9000 standards, and software code reuse.
Please note that this position requires U.S. Government Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is a requirement for consideration.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Software/Firmware Configuration Management experience
- Understand the basic concepts of Quality Assurance
- IBM [base] ClearCase experience
- IBM ClearCase/ClearQuest/Unified Change Management (UCM) experience
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows with specific concentration on command line interface
- Working knowledge of scripting languages like shell script and Perl
- - Experience working within an AGILE environment using JIRA, GIT, Jenkins and Maven.
- Candidate must be able to obtain & maintain a U.S. Government Secret Security clearance. U.S. Citizenship is a requirement for consideration.
- Familiarity with Jenkins build script implementation
- Ability to produce software builds and carry out fault analysis relating to build failures
- Ability to ensure build and release processes and procedures are followed and maintained
- Ability to generate software release documentation in accordance with established standards
- Ability to maintain organized configuration management records for all builds
- Communicate clearly and maintain good working relationship with peers and Customers at all technical levels.
- Ability to perform various related configuration management tasks for both hardware and software items including hardware UID management and software production workflow status.
- Must be able to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Miscellaneous Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)