Asc Quality Engineering Manager
Job ID: 486615BR
Date posted: Jun. 11, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Space technology connects millions of people around the world and we’re accelerating tomorrow’s breakthroughs to help our customers stay ahead in an ever-changing world. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are motivated by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee. Space values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
We are seeking energized individuals who are passionate about building the space technologies of tomorrow. We are going to Mars and beyond! Will you join us in the journey?
We have an excellent opportunity for an Asc Quality Engineering Manager supporting our Strategy and Metrology group located in Littleton, CO. In this challenging role you will manage the development and execution of the Advanced Quality Technologies organization within Strategy.
You will manage a diverse array of responsibilities:
o Introduce the QA function into new, advanced technologies, processes and systems to support the implementation of the digital tapestry and additive manufacturing capabilities across the enterprise.
o You will employ effective decision-making skills to identify appropriate quality organization involvement in new and existing technologies.
o Provide leadership for AS9100 and ISO 9001 implementation across the enterprise, to include participation in various industry councils.
o Create and maintain an effective employee engagement effort for the SQM organization.
o Ensure that QA core disciplines are maintained.
o Act as the interface to Engineering Conduit and CAB.
o Implement advanced inspection techniques and processes across the enterprise.
Benefits of Employment
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.).
• Strong, effective communication skills to include presentation of complex and controversial information.
• Demonstrated ability interfacing with executive leadership, customers, and various functional organizations.
• Experience working high profile, complex projects from start to finish.
• Proven leadership to drive change through affordability initiatives.
• Proven ability to motivate and engage workforce at all levels.
*US Citizenship required
• Knowledge of emerging technologies in the industry and corresponding quality efforts.
• Knowledge of Computer Aided Inspection techniques (e.g. Zeiss CMM, FARO Scan Arm, Polyworks, etc).
• Proven background in manufacturing environment assigning priorities and resolving conflicts.
• Working knowledge of electronic systems that effect QA systems.
• Knowledge of command media and effectiveness of its implementation.
• Familiarity and experience with AS9100/ISO 9001 industry forums/councils.
• Green belt/black belt certification and demonstrated successful project completions.
• Change agent mindset demonstrated through recent implemented improvements highly desired.
• Process control experience and demonstrated experience with new product and process implementation for digital/additive manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated experience with QA across the life cycle of a program.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills complimenting the ability to make timely, balanced decisions.
• Experience working with CAD applications and EPDM
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: QA/Test and Inspection
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2