Missile Mechanic Associate
Job ID: 486592BR
Date posted: Jun. 11, 2019
Description:Under the guidance of higher level personnel, perform tasks associated with the assembly, disassembly, modification, repair, checkout and movement of all types and configurations of new and fleet return Trident II missiles. Perform inspection and related functions involved in quality assurance and acceptance of Fleet Ballistic Missile systems, materials and support equipment at the Strategic Weapons Facility Pacific (SWFPAC).
Assist in assembly and disassembly operations involving such functions as mating/demating of motors, equipment section and interstage sections; removal and installation of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical components, assemblies and units. Perform inspection of the assembly, disassembly, modification, repair, rework and testing of missile sections, sub-assemblies, complete systems and subsystems; of the receipt, shipment, handling, testing, altering, repairing, reworking and packaging of components and hardware; and of the repairing, fabricating, reworking, altering, modifying, maintenance and testing of support and handling equipment. Approve acceptable parts, tests, etc., and prepare or process documentation as required. Reject items found to be discrepant or unacceptable. Prepare necessary documentation for disposition of such items. Evaluate test data, assembly and refurbishment processes and recommend new methods, processes or procedures to improve quality assurance and quality control. Perform a continuous monitoring of all production and test activities. Assist higher level personnel set up for and perform tests such as helium leak, motor pressure and propellant grain inspection. Assist in the repair or replacement of malfunctioning units, components or items revealed by tests. Become proficient in operating all equipment required to position major vehicle components and support equipment. Assist in modifications and repairs to support equipment. Assist Missile Electronic Craftsmen in performing missile systems tests using Shore-based Acceptance Checkout Equipment (SACE).
This position is for day shift, but may require some shift work, and is located in Silverdale, Washington.
A pre-employment physical exam, background check and drug screen, and Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start.
* Elementary knowledge of aerospace vehicle assembly/disassembly and handling techniques as gained from a minimum of 18 months experience in the aerospace industry, or equivalent similar assembly/disassembly/handling experience in the automobile, marine, or aircraft industry.
* Knowledge of electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
* Knowledge of shop math.
* Ability to use all types of measuring and inspection instruments and tools as required.
* Ability to read and interpret specifications, procedures and regulations pertaining to the assembly, testing, storage and shipping of missiles or their related parts, as well as handling and storage equipment.
* Familiarity with inspection practices and procedures of operational test methods and functional test equipment.
* Ability to obtain and retain a DOD secret level security clearance - Interim Secret at Start.
* Ability to obtain and retain Arms, Ammunition, and Explosives (AA&E) certification.
* Must possess valid Washington State driver's license.
* Ability to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
* Must be a US Citizen. Cannot be a dual citizen.
* Intermediate experience with aerospace vehicle assembly, disassembly, and handling techniques
* Demonstrated ability to perform in a team environment
* Strong attention to detail
* Computer proficiency
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong safety and security mindset
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2