External Innovations Liaison
Job ID: 486789BR
Date posted: Jun. 11, 2019
City: King of Prussia, Littleton, Sunnyvale
State: California, Colorado, Pennsylvania
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As an External Technical Liaison, you will be supporting external technical engagements for the Engineering and Technology (E&T) organization, including the University Engagements, the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR), as well as leading our Silicon Valley Alliance (SVA) initiative.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Coordinating with Line of Business (LOB) personnel on new SBIR/STTR technologies and innovations and opportunities to leverage University Research.
• Coordinating with Corporate Engineering & Technology organizations as well as other Business Areas on SVA and University research technologies.
• Leading tasks, establishing schedules, and interfacing with technical leadership, program management, business development, and personnel at small businesses and university faculty and researchers.
• Reporting to the Senior Manager of Strategic Integration and other E&T Leadership on external engagement progress and accomplishments
• Shaping opportunities and coordinating across the LM enterprise for SBIR and SVA activities.
• Tracking university engagement activities, identifying strategies for increased collaboration and value returned to LM Space.
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
Preferred work location is at the Sunnyvale, California facility due to the geographic proximity to the Silicon Valley, though other LM locations will be considered. The position will report to the Senior Manager, Strategic Integration, and will take regular direction from the External Engagement Projects Lead but is expected to operate with a high degree of autonomy.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Engineering or related industry degree.
• Possess engineering/technical discipline skills.
• Experience in leading tasks, establishing schedules, assigning tasks, interfacing with technical leadership, program management or business development.
• Experience working with outside small businesses, external industry partners or universities
• Experience with a wide variety of technologies, relevant to satellite or missile systems.
• Willingness to travel on a limited basis for interaction with universities, small business, industry conferences or cross-BA events, etc.
• Proficiency with MS Office tools
• National or International experience cultivating Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR).
• Validated leadership qualities and ability to interface with customer(s) and other engineering disciplines.
• Excellent technical, leadership, communication skills, including written, oral and presentation, to reporting engineering group and next level management, budget/planning, and social skills.
• Experience in both commercial and defense industries desired.
• Self-starter, highly motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Technology transition experience, taking a new technology or innovative concept and connecting it to an existing product or new application to establish technical discriminators.
• MBA or Technology Management degree desired.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, or current possess an active security clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Miscellaneous Engineering
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2