Model Maker Sr
Job ID: 486667BR
Date posted: Jun. 11, 2019
Program: Composite Technologies
Description:• Performs tool maintenance and repair calibration.
• Analyzes manufacturing processes, tooling effectiveness and availability.
• Fabricate tools, maintains existing tools and assists with the development of new required tooling.
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the employee may be required to perform duties outside of this as directed by supervisor.
• High School or GED equivalent.
• Must have 2+ years’ experience in tooling layup, bonding, composite tooling, repair of fixtures, electrical trouble shooting, and tooling maintenance including:
o Advanced Machining of Metals. i.e.: Titanium, Tool Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminum by method of CNC, manual mills, and lathes.
o Experience with shop tools i.e., table saws, band saws, drills and welders.
o Basic electrical troubleshooting experience
o Plaster splash and silicone pour experience.
o Composite Tooling layup and repair.
• Must be able to lift up to 25lbs on a regular basis using proper lifting techniques
• Must be able to bend, stoop, stand and/or sit for extended periods
• Strong shop math skills
• Knowledge of basic CNC programming a plus.
• Experience in aftermarket engineering, repair, and support of rotary wing operators preferred.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Knowledge and experience with lean and continuous improvement philosophies and methodologies preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel).
• Be able to work any shift
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2