Commercial Lead, Middle East Region
Job ID: 486618BR
Date posted: Jun. 11, 2019
Description:The Commercial Leader will serve as the in-country expert and go-to leader to support all business areas on local commercial business dealings. The selected candidate will provide key leadership for current and future bids and proposals in country.
This future incumbent will:
• Coordinate and support the development of business cases to support industrial development, M&A, and a joint ventures
• Be responsible for setting standardized terms and conditions for all country contracts with Lockheed Martin, in coordination with the Business Areas
• Be responsible for driving enterprise-wide commercial business strategies that support the corporate country strategies
• Serve as in-country expert for the Lockheed Martin enterprise on local country contract regulations, including but not limited to local financial and tax regulations
• Well versed in industrial development and countertrade arrangements that provides a foundation for building required understanding of Poland or the Middle East culture and business processes.
• Provide information to Business Area offset leadership, including country senior leadership/stakeholder desired industrial development projects, competitor offset strategies/activities, potential in-country offset partners, to enable evaluation by the Business Areas of identified opportunities.
• Establish credibility with key stakeholders across the business areas and represent enterprise-wide interests
• Serve as the Lockheed Martin lead with the country’s procurement official
• Plays a key role in shaping the Lockheed Martin capture and proposal development. Interpret and evaluate country specific public-sector acquisition laws and regulations to devise and implement winning bid strategies and processes
• Prepare proposal submissions and associated cost data in accordance with local country formats and processes
• Support a complex bidding and cost evaluation process
• Lead relationship and negotiations with the Acquisition and Economic Control sections of the country’s defense organization and the Armed Forces
• Work with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and ensure the successful contract award, signature and execution
• Compile and analyze contractual and cost data; maintain and archive historical information in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Proactively implement controls to ensure proper execution of contract requirements and research requests for proposals. Prepare contract documents authorizing work to commence on a given contract or proposal within established cost, price, and schedule objectives.
• Structure, negotiate and manage commercial contracts with regional Industry
• Advise leadership on public sector and defense acquisition laws, regulations and trends
• Manage audit responses/meetings; internal and external reporting; and develop solutions to complex problems
• Make in-depth presentations to customers and partners in various settings (e.g., events)
• Manage key customer business relationships on contract/cost matters and issues
• Leadership of the Commercial function, to include developing talent
• Cost management experience
• Familiarity with regional Defense Industry and markets
• Fluent in English language (oral and written)
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• University degree or equivalent in law, economics or finance (formal education in business administration a plus)
• Advanced knowledge of public-sector acquisition laws and regulations
• Relevant experience with developing and managing defense industry contracts with the local government and/or military
• Detail and teamwork oriented
• Strong communication skills required
• Some travel may be required.
Strong leadership capabilities and ability to lead group of people without formal authority
Experience at a large, multi-national, complex organization
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS1000 CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
Relocation Available: Yes
Career Area: Business Development
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week