Electrical Engineer - Energy Storage / Cambridge, MA
Job ID: 486493BR
Date posted: Jun. 11, 2019
Description:At Advanced Energy Storage division of Lockheed Martin, you will have an opportunity to contribute to the development of energy storage of the future. You will work alongside the team of world-class engineers and scientists, with a backing of a global technology leader known for its history of innovation. You will develop technical solutions supporting the operation of a revolutionary grid-connected flow battery system. As an Electrical Engineer, you will use your knowledge of power conversion, industrial controls, sensors and actuators to contribute to and lead the design and integration of power distribution systems, AC and DC protection, switchgear, process parameter monitoring and signal conditioning. You will select and integrate commercial off-the-shelf solutions and will design customized monitoring and control equipment. You will be relied upon for providing electrical technical support, testing and troubleshooting of components and subsystems, and documentation of results. You will see your designs evolve from conceptual stage to detailed implementation to high-volume production.
A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering is required with at least 2 years of professional experience. Candidate must be familiar with AC and DC power systems, industrial controls and instrumentation, industry standards for grid-connected equipment, and product development and certification practices.
• A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years or a master’s degree with 2+ years of professional experience
• Strong interest in renewable energy field, familiarity with energy storage systems, and experience with flow batteries
• Experience with industrial power systems, up to 480 VAC, and up to 1000 VDC
• Experience with new product development process including design for reliability, maintainability, serviceability, safety
• Familiarity with FMEA design process
• Familiarity with at least one of the following industry standards: NFPA 70, NFPA 709, UL 508, UL 1973, UL 1741
• Familiarity with at least one of the following field buses: Modbus, EtherCAT, CAN
• Experience with programming in C, C++, Python; use of NI LabView
• Knowledge of Solidworks Electrical or similar CAD software
• Experience with PCBA design cycle from schematics capture to layout recommendations and board-level testing and troubleshooting
• Extensive use of digital oscilloscopes, power meters, and other test equipment; basic soldering and wiring skills
• Strong ability to write test procedures and reports; ability to communicate verbally and in writing
• Ability and desire to work both independently and as a part of a cross-functional team of electrical engineers, software and control engineers, and test technicians
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Electrical Engineering
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day