Staff Program Quality Engineer
Job ID: 482898BR
Date posted: Jun. 11, 2019
Description:Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Silverdale, WA?
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As the Staff Program Quality Engineer, you will support the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Quality Program in Silver dale, WA. In this role as the Quality Assurance Representative, you will responsible for monitoring overall implementation, maintenance, and compliance to quality requirements supporting the Production Partnership (P2) Program at SWFPAC. You will be responsible for investigating Quality related support activities and supporting quality decisions associated with the effective implementation, operation, and assessment of P2 (self-assurance) activities, specifically Quality Data and Surveillance in P2 environments.
Your diverse array of responsibilities will include:
o Verify compliance to FBM Quality, Enterprise, and Customer requirements and plans and using established procedures and methods to evaluate products and processes as they apply to quality.
o Persuasive communication of requirements and the proper application of procedures.
o Identify and document analysis of quality anomalies and follow-up on corrective actions, as appropriate.
o Accomplish on-going surveillance of manufacturing and production operations and provide written and verbal status reports to area management and senior QA personnel.
o Interface with production and engineering management to develop technical solutions to technical problems of moderate scope and complexity when non-conformities are identified, as appropriate for an oversight function.
o Independently analyze and interface with Operations regarding quality statistics reviews, analysis and remediation.
o You will serve as the QA Point-of-Contact (POC) for assigned teams regarding quality assessment tracking, reporting, and coordination with Program, Enterprise and Customer requirements and personnel.
o Serve as the QA POC supporting Production and Operations organizations with process improvements, manufacturing enhancements and implementation strategies to reduce cost and enhance efficiencies.
o Employ interpersonal skills and communicate effectively with personnel at multiple levels of the organization.
o Develop quality reports, metrics and supporting data and provide presentations to internal and external customers as requested.
o Participate in Structured Improvement Activities (SIAs) and support FBM process improvement activities.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.)
• Experience with quality engineering processes, policies and quality systems management requirements
• Experience engaging with external government customer relationships
• Root cause analysis and corrective action training and experience
• Knowledgeable with audit processes
• Ability to accomplish research and investigate requirements as they apply to FBM processing disciplines
• Strong presentation skills providing presentations to various internal alignments
• As a successful member of the team that delivers exceptional results, you will need excellent communication skills and the ability to develop rapport with multiple internal and external partners
• Strong analytical abilities and very detail oriented
• Have demonstrated performance as a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities within a team environment and meet documented schedule commitments
• Limited travel required
•Ability to obtain a Secret Security clearance and US Citizenship is required.
• Experience in a missile processing environment or Quality Assurance (QA) organization
• Familiarity with missile hardware, processes, systems, enterprise requirements and command media
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
• Green Belt or Black Belt Trained or Certified
• Familiarity with AS9100 requirements
• T9001 B Technical Program Management Requirements
• First Article Inspection
• Accomplish research and assist with Quality related Management inquiries
• Familiarity with Government Inspection processes and criteria
• Ability to accomplish trend analysis and statistical process control
• Familiarity with manufacturing or production documentation and failure reporting
• Experience with non-conformance (PR/MRB)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: QA/Test and Inspection
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2