Electrical Systems Integration and Test Manager
Job ID: 486694BR
Date posted: Jun. 11, 2019
Program: Military Space
Description:Space is not a place to go – space is a place to do! Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Because space is a place to do big, important, epic things that connect people around the world, advance the frontiers of science, and help militaries protect what matters most. Lockheed Martin builds the technology that gets things done in space. Exploring the solar system. Predicting the weather. Delivering precise GPS. Detecting and defeating missile launches. At Lockheed Martin, we don’t just think big thoughts. We get things done. Join us as a Systems Engineering Leader and develop talented teams. You are meant to benefit humanity.
Are you a leader who faces challenges head-on?
Do you enjoy complex problem solving without a defined roadmap?
Are you a self-starter who enjoys leading a team and the challenge of running multiple projects?
The Systems Test Architecture and Engineering organization is looking for a highly motivated Electrical Integration and Test Manager to lead the development of test requirements, products and test team.
In this role, you get to be the Test Engineering authority shaping the program and working directly with Certified Principal Engineers (CPEs) and Systems Engineers on a program of critical national importance.
As the Systems Test Engineering Manager you will:
• Provide Program leadership and direct support to the Electrical Integration and Test Activities in the design development, and execution of test scripts and procedures
• Lead test plan development and provide direct support to the Overall Electrical Test Planning and Process
• Provide direct technical assistance such as supporting proposals, Independent Reviews, and issue resolution teams
• Mentor employees on planning, preparing, and executing test efforts
• Lead the Systems Electrical Integration and Test team as a full spectrum leader
Position is contingent upon program contract award expected by Q3 2019
Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
'• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or closely related field; or equivalent work experience
• Significant technical experience doing requirements development, Integration and Test of spacecraft
• Breadth of knowledge and work experience implementing Assembly, Test & Launch Operations (ATLO) standard methodologies and lessons learned
• Experience with maintaining process discipline in a dynamic and fast paced environment, including the ability to balance various risks across the system to maintain cost within a fixed schedule environment
• Communicating with and briefing senior-level program and customer management
• Security Clearance – Top Secret – plus additional program screening will apply.
• 14+ years of applicable technical experience with 5+ years’ experience with Integration and Test of spacecraft
• Extensive experience in a test and requirements verification environment; experience in Space Vehicle (SV) Test Operations including the test development process, test execution, data analysis, anomaly resolution, satellite software test systems, and electrical ground test equipment; familiarity with SV electrical test equipment
• Certified Test Conductor (CTC) with experience in Space Vehicle Integration and Test, including: Baseline Ambient, Full Functional, Thermal Vacuum, Acoustic, EMC/EMI, Final Functional, and Launch Base Operations
• Strong, demonstrated leadership and the ability to work with personnel from diverse backgrounds and disciplines both internal and external to the organization
• Excellent reasoning, judgment, and professional behavior
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the demonstrated ability to apply them to a wide range of complex problems and train others in their application
• Space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Ability to lead multi-functional teams and lead multiple teams to communicate and coordinate work as one team with common goals
• Active TS – additional program screening will apply
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Assembly/Integration and Test
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2