Deputy Program Manager, Director
Job ID: 486628BR
Date posted: Jun. 11, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to think big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Military Space is seeking a Deputy Program Manager in Littleton, Colorado to support a compartmented space protection program.
As Deputy Program Manager , you will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team in all phases of a comparted program (program start-up through final integration and test). You will have additional responsibility for the operational aspects of program execution to allow the PM to focus on programmatic issues and customer interfaces.
Specific responsibilities for the Deputy PM role will include:
• Program management of subcontracts
• Management support to manufacturing and ATLO efforts
• Budget management of PM accounts
• Serving as deputy chair for all program boards.
• Via chairmanship of program boards, oversee the Program management baseline (PMB), including management of critical path, change control, and EVMS performance.
• Function as the Cost Account Manager for several control accounts including, program management, contract, finance and infrastructure.
• Participate in the negotiation of contract changes and along with the PM will act as a primary customer contact.
•Meet or exceed technical, schedule and financial commitments.
•Improve Customer confidence.
•Develop and monitor metrics to ensure milestones are completed on schedule.
•Ensure successful program execution.
This position requires active TS/SCI clearance prior to start.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the many benefits you available to you as one of our teammates:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• BS in relevant engineering field (i.e., Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Astrophysics)
• 10 years of related technical and or program management experience
• Demonstrated Program Management and leadership skills (prior lead, supervisor and/or management experience)
• Active TS/SCI clearance required prior to start and the ability to obtain access to specific special access program(s)
• Demonstrated ability to manage budgets/cost performance (Must have roles requiring Earned value management)
• Prior experience as a Cost Account Manager
• Demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership capabilities and performance, program management experience, customer familiarity.
• Experience with DOD and IC Customers, Program Offices and Stakeholders.
• Prior experience in one or more of the following:
-Experience in Earned Value Management
-Agile Systems Engineering
-Agile release Software Development processes
-Prior role involving the production of spacecraft hardware (AI&T or manufacturing)
-Prior experience managing or coordinating work via subcontracts
• LM21, 6 sigma, Black or Green Belt; Process Improvement; credentialed engineer skills
• Strong executive presence; experience with technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk.
• Experience with running an office in a fast paced environment supporting multiple programs.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and quickly adjust to changing priorities.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with senior leadership, customers and stakeholders
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proven track record of establishing relationships with customers and other stakeholders.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Program Management
Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2