Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide launch site activity mission assurance related recommendations on launch site activities, such as recommendations for resolution of technical issues within ARB/ERB, Chief Engineer's Council, and Lessons Learned forums.
- Monitor and assess launch site configuration changes to the approved certification configuration baseline and make recommendations.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the Launch Vehicle Database (LVDB) and perform technical updates to ensure its functionality and availability as the primary tool for technical risk assessment. Track and manage the status of Launch Vehicle Matrix (LVM) loading into the LVDB. Periodically assess user inputs into the LVDB and make recommendations on improving quality and consistency and collect inputs for database enhancements and coordinate with LVDB developers.
- Perform mission assurance and fleet surveillance duties in accordance with Launch Verification processes. Assess the launch vehicle checkout and processing activities at the launch sites.
- Perform supporting functions to the launch site responsible engineer including assessing requirements, evaluating past procedures/documentation for current applicability, attending required meetings, assessing process verification, developing independent risk assessments, and providing recommendations for required LVDB updates, processing closure and risk assessment functions, and developing applicable lessons learned.
- Maintain and update launch site mission assurance documents such as operating instructions, plans, and ConOps. Review Launch and Range related AF guidance documents for technical validity and make recommendations for revisions.
- Assess the execution of the Launch Verification Processes and its consistency with overall NSSL Space Flight Worthiness Certification and Readiness Review processes, and make recommendations for improvement. Products include but are not limited to comment resolution matrices, configuration control of master and mission LVMs, and LVDB ConOps.
- Provide technical recommendations for and provide summary documentation of NSSL system TIMs/TEMs/Reviews. Products include but are not limited to position papers, assessment summaries, and risk assessment charts.
- 10 years of experience in systems engineering activities applied to ground and launch site operations for aerospace systems. Knowledge of MGSE, EGSE, PGSE design, installation, activation and operations required.
- BS degree in Engineering, Math, or Physical Sciences; will consider less experience in lieu of advanced degree (8 years with MS degree)
- Experience interfacing with computer-based database and schedule tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Some CONUS travel required
- US Citizenship Required
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.