SAIC is currently looking for a Project
Manager in Washington, DC to support the
Vanguard 2.2.1 Program, Information Assurance Service Line.
This position will be instrumental in
assisting the IA Directorate in its support of the Enterprise Cloud Security
and Compliance (CSC) program. Under the Information
Assurance Service line, the Project Manager will support the Department of
State (DOS), Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM), Information
Assurance (IA) Directorate.
dedicated Project Manager will be responsible for supporting the Cloud Security
and Compliance project to include, but not limited to, defining, improving
operational processes, policies, roles and responsibilities and performance
measurements to ensure program objectives are being met with optimal
efficiency. Additionally, the position will monitor and perform product reviews,
update and facilitate policies and procedures to enact continuous service
improvement in a highly complex and dynamic environment. The Project Manager will report directly to
the Vanguard 2.2.1 Service Line Director.
Description of Duties:
The Project Manager is an
individual who is capable of orchestrating the simultaneous planning and
operation of a portfolio of projects focused on cloud security and compliance
remediation. The PM must have experience
with information security/assurance concepts and cloud computing concepts. The PM should possess experience with Agile
project execution in a waterfall planning framework.
The Project Manager is responsible for:
- Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing
and virtualization systems.
- Provides specific, detailed information for
hardware and software selection, cloud service provider selection,
implementation techniques, application & data migration techniques and
tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present
and future capacity requirements.
- Develops and conducts testing of cloud and
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry
standards and in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud
service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment
models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery
models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service;
automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual
infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling.
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and
virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and
- May also provide systems engineering activities
such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis
and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and
Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System
& Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation,
Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of
product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical,
schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis,
detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies
to translate customer requirements into hardware and software
- Participating/facilitating quality reviews of supporting
documentation for CSC initiatives necessary for stakeholder awareness of new
and updated processes.
- Assisting in monitoring and measuring the
effectiveness of processes to ensure consistent value and quality delivery to
- Interviewing stakeholders to determine
operational requirements and objectives, such as organization functions, inputs
and outputs, and step-by-step procedures.
- Examine processes holistically to understand the
impact of change on people, strategy, systems and general business operations;
articulate and present process change recommendations to Government and
- Applying advanced technical principles,
theories, and concepts.
- Contributing to the development of new
principles and concepts.
- Participating with senior managers to establish
strategic plans and objectives.
- Recommending/making decisions project work
matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or
- Working under consultative direction toward
pre-determined long-range goals and objectives.
- Determining and pursuing courses of action
necessary to obtain desired results.
- Work is checked through consultation and
agreement with others rather than by formal review of supervisor.
- Exercising independent judgment in methods,
techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Developing advanced technological ideas and
guides their development into a final product.
- Acts as advisor to management and customers on
advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline and 14
years of experience working in a technical operations environment supporting
mission critical systems. Additional experience in lieu of a degree will considered.
experience related to O365, Azure, and/or AWS.
- Establishes operating policies and procedures
that affect departments and subordinate sections and work units. Interprets
company-wide policies and procedures. May be involved in development of
budgets, schedules and performance standards.
- Interfacing with the customer and participating
in all CSC project meetings.
- Manages subordinate management and/or
experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and
independence. Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates
assignments to subordinates.
- Monitoring and maintaining policies, plans,
processes, standard operation procedures (SOPs), work instructions, and other
IA assets, as required.
- Leading, coordinating, and facilitating the
creation of stakeholder reviews of required documentations.
- Recommending, planning and developing a strategy
to implement process improvements, including: as-is and future to-be state and monitoring results to verify
- Must have demonstrated and proven skills in
writing documentation (i.e. standard operating procedures, user guides, and
similar products) to clearly disseminate relevant information to an
enterprise-wide audience to increase user awareness and provide relevant and
different types of materials.
- Extremely strong, proficient and demonstrated
oral and written communication skills with experience working effectively with
direct customer, senior management, project management team members, and
technical staff members regarding communication and system issues.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written
communication skills, with ability to work directly with customers, including
- Ability to draft and generate original
organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced
environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables,
and exceptional attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and focus on
delivery of products and services on time.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’
views as well as gives and welcomes feedback. Demonstrate an adaptive style
that is flexible and effective in gaining cooperation of others.
- Competency in Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft
Office products, including Visio.
- Ability to demonstrate
accuracy and thoroughness.
- Experience with quality
assurance, and quality control a plus.
- Experience with process
definition and improvement