NETWORK - Provide network / security administration and support for mission-critical applications and subcontracted network management services for wide area network, and local area network environments, including multiple client offices as part of a multi-year IT outsourcing contracts. Work with the Network Service Delivery Manager, this role will be responsible for the maintenance of high-quality network services while supporting the implementation of new systems and infrastructure upgrades in a dynamic environment. Provide hands-on technical support for WAN, LAN, proxy and security devices. Interface with key customer contacts, project managers, other service delivery managers and staff, subcontractors, support personnel, and other stakeholders. Directly execute network services projects, and operations activities. Interface with SAIC program and senior management in support of the achievement of service level, financial and technical objectives.
IT SITE SUPPORT – A portion of this position will be dedicated to providing IT site support for SAIC’s Cookeville operations. Responsibilities will include working with remote IT service delivery teams located in Oak Ridge as a Cookeville on-site technical resource. While there is not a high volume of requests, this team member will be asked to assist with troubleshooting, site related project tasks and to act as a point of contact for dispatched vendor support. Scope includes coordinating with senior technical staff and SAIC programs in our Cookeville facility to provide hands-on technical support for WAN, LAN, Data-Center, Telephony and server infrastructure services. Will occasionally be asked to provide off-hours support in the event of a critical service upgrade or outage.
Summary – This position will be as a team member in our ITMS Network group with a secondary role to provide IT site support for SAIC’s Cookeville location. This is an entry level position with great opportunity for growth in networking and/or across a broader IT skill-set. The right applicant will have strong communication skills and be expected to demonstrate the ability manage daily workload / tasks with limited on site supervision and excel in a virtual IT team environment.
Bachelors and 1+ year experience. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Basic level knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, Intrusion Detection/Prevention and vulnerability assessment tools.
- Familiarity of Dynamic and Static routing.
- Experience with Network Security technologies such as IPsec and VPN.
- Experience in reading network design documentation, engineering and information security plans to support new and enhanced applications, architectures and standards.
- Introductory level knowledge of network virtualization including VLAN, VRF, VPC, and VSS.
- Basic understanding of Layer 2 protocols; specifically STP, ARP, CDP, and LACP.
- Understanding of security device architecture, engineering and installation/management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Cisco Firewalls.
- Knowledge of WAN and LAN, datacenter routing, switching, firewall, load-balancing, WLAN and proxy technologies.
- Basic knowledge of technologies such as DHCP, DNS, Radius, TACACS+, SSH, TCP, and UDP.
- Basic level knowledge of IT data-center operations, server hardware support, VoIP phone deployment and patch- cabling/panels.
- Display strong communication skills and demonstrate the ability manage daily workload / tasks with limited on site supervision and excel in a virtual IT team environment.
- Experience with Amazon AWS architecture and design including VPCs, EC2, S3, EFS, Storage Gateway, Cloudfront, Route 53.
- Experience with network virtualization including Cisco ACI and datacenter Flexpod infrastructure.
- Proven past experience in a similar Network Engineer role and in an IT environment of similar scope and scale.
- Familiar with load balancing and application delivery networking including legacy Cisco ACE, F5 BigIP and AVI Networks load balancers including Web Application Firewalls and Geographic Load Balancing.
- Experienced in providing written technical recommendations relating to application development activities to optimize utilization of data and applications over networks.
- Experience in review of network related deliverables (e.g., requirements, solutions, specifications, designs and reports) prior to submission to customer.
- Knowledge of network security best practices and threat response.
- Familiarity of QoS.
- Bonus points awarded for any basic experience in the following; data center operations, Windows server, Unix/Linux server, AWS administration, VoIP, Exchange, VmWare, SharePoint, SCCM, Office 365, SQL, Dockers, Kubernetes, software development.