Digital Transformation Communications Manager
Job ID: 486912BR
Date posted: Jun. 12, 2019
Description:Lockheed Martin is modernizing and accelerating the way we design, build and deliver products to our customers, and collaborate with each other and our partners, and we’re looking for a creative, strategic communications lead to work with our Corporate Headquarters team to tell that story.
Working closely with leaders from Corporate Engineering, Technology and Operations, Human Resources and Corporate Communications, this individual will be responsible for creating and executing a communications plan in support of three major focus areas:
• Partner with the Enterprise Transformation team that is looking at the future of work at Lockheed Martin. Create communications to help employees understand how our workplace, processes and culture will evolve in the future.
• Communicate to key corporate functional areas (such as Finance and Business Operations, Human Resources, and Business Development) how they can take advantage of Digital Transformation tools and innovations. Partner with Human Resources on a change management communications plan to those functional employees.
• Collaborate with the broader Digital Transformation communications team to support the company-wide rollout of key technologies and innovations.
• Develop, support and implement proactive, strategic and integrated communications.
• Execute change management communications.
• Develop content for use with employees, customers, reporters, elected officials and other audiences.
• Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels to develop messages and with other communicators to ensure consistent implementation across the company.
• Provide counsel to leaders and executives and support critical internal and external engagement activities.
• Regularly present strategy and recommendations to vice presidents and senior vice presidents.
• Identify opportunities for the Communications function to digitally transform.
• Use metrics, data and feedback to continuously improve employee experience.
• Strategic mindset
• Excellent writing and communications skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to work well under deadline
• Ability to interface with executive leadership
• Flexibility and willingness to efficiently adapt to new circumstances or outcomes
• Up to 15 percent travel
• Change management communications experience
• Aerospace and defense industry experience
• Technology communications experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS1000 CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Public Relations
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day