Application Security Engineer
Job ID: 486498BR
Date posted: Jun. 12, 2019
City: Denver, Fort Worth, King of Prussia, Orlando, Rockville
State: Colorado, Florida, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Texas
Program: Application Security Engineering
Description:This position is for an Information Security professional working for Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Technology (Enterprise IT) in Corporate Information Security (CIS).
The primary focus of the position will be security engineering support for the Solutions Security Engineering team as part of an overall Security Engineering (SecEng) organization in Corporate Information Security (CIS). This position supports all business areas within the Enterprise.
Duties will vary, but may include any or all of the following:
- Project Security Engineering - Engaging on customer projects to assist in engineering a secure solution in accordance with policies, procedures, standards and best practices. The security engineer conducts threat analysis and modeling, defines security requirements, analyzes and tests the environment against the requirements, recommends remediation for identified risks, documents the security posture of the environment, including unmitigated risks and presents the information to the CIS Engineering Technical Review Board or other authorities. Existing tools, templates and techniques may be used to aid with analysis, but unique situations may require additional consulting and identifying non-standard approaches to securing the environment.
- New Product Assessments - Performing a security analysis of Open Source, Software as a Service (SaaS) and COTS solutions to determine the viability of installing them in the Lockheed Martin computing environment. Standard processes and tools may be used to analyze the product. The security engineer will document their findings and make a recommendation on use of the product and specify any conditions of use that might apply to reduce risk.
- Exploration Initiatives - Security Engineer may participate in exploration initiatives or other special assignments, applying security knowledge, policies, procedures and best practices to identify security solutions for potential use across the enterprise.
- Secure Software Engineering - Duties may include providing ongoing support to internal users of the security tools and services provided by SecEng, including Code Signing, the Common Encryption Component (CEC), and maintaining portions of the Secure Software Engineering portal. Duties may also include providing guidance on secure software engineering techniques such as writing secure code, creating database stored procedures, and configuring web servers.
- All security engineers must be familiar with CPS/IPM/CRX policies, standards, practices and procedures, specifically those pertaining to security and the protection of the LM network.
LOCATION: Work location can be at any major US LM facility.
CANDIDATES MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO GET A SECURITY CLEARANCE AT SECRET LEVEL AT A MINIMUM.
- Proven ability to interpret security and information protection policies into executable requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a wide range of IT disciplines including software, hardware, network engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in Information Assurance and security engineering principles involving application security, security testing, communications / network security, computer security and other areas of Information Assurance.
- Experience developing or testing web applications or web services.
- Experience performing security risk assessments.
- Proven successful experience interacting with internal customers and project co-workers.
- Proven successful experience interacting with external vendors / suppliers / partners.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Experience following standardized engineering life-cycle processes and tailoring processes when appropriate.
- Knowledge of LM Corporate security policies.
-Current active DoD Secret Security Clearance preferred
-CISSP, CISM or other relevant security certification
-Understanding of OWASP Top 10 Web Application Security Risks and their countermeasures
-Understanding of the SANS Top 25 Most Dangerous Software Errors and their countermeasures
-Experience evaluating the security of SaaS / 3rd party vendors and negotiating enhancements to their practices, when appropriate
-Experience with Cloud technologies
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS2100 ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SERVICES
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Information Security/Information Assurance
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: yes
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day