Project Management & Planning Operation Director
Job ID: 486473BR
Date posted: Jun. 12, 2019
City: Littleton, Sunnyvale
State: California, Colorado
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to think big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We are seeking an innovative, highly motivated and driven leader to join us as our Project Management & Planning Operations Director to manage the execution of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project teams and Engineering & Technology (E&T) executive leadership. Reporting to the Space Vice President, E&T, you will lead strategic cross-functional project efforts across the leadership team, partner with all aspects of the business to clearly define projects, business impacts and metrics for measuring business improvements using best in class methodologies, business process management and program/project management principles.
In this dynamic role you will:
• Help manage schedules and coordinate status reports.
Monitor the assessment of project issues and works with project teams to develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Ensure the development of mechanisms for monitoring project progress and Craft a structured process for regular review, assessment, reporting, issue resolution, and completion of the key projects for E&T
• Oversee project status and budgets; status reports, and action plans to closure
• Lead the operational aspects of projects and liaise between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
• Remove barriers that drive waste or inhibit improvement opportunities.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the many benefits you available to you as one of our teammates:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or a scientific discipline.
• Extensive experience in leading large-scale projects.
• Demonstrated capability in process improvement skill areas
• Shown success in both planning and implementing process improvements within an organization.
• Experience developing relationships with various partners and working with diverse individuals and groups to deliver on major objectives
• Demonstrated leadership skills and behaviors that align with the Full Spectrum Leadership Imperatives, including a demonstrated capability to lead multi-functional, cross business area teams in a fixed price contract environment.
• US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret Clearance.
• Program management experience.
• Experience in technical data management.
• Demonstrated track record of positive relationship building with employees at all levels
• History of delivering on large and complex initiatives utilizing influence and partnership
• Black Belt Certification.
• Experience in implementing lean, six sigma and Theory of Constraints (TOC) practices
• Excellent written and presentation skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Program Management
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2