Job ID: 486762BR
Date posted: Jun. 12, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic, fast-moving, high performance team that's creating an extraordinary team culture, all while quickly adapting to ever-changing customer requirements?
Do you have the dedication and passion to make a significant contribution to mission success?
As a Systems Engineer, you will be part of the Weapon Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (WSEIT) team on the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) program. In this role, you will work under the guidance of the System Design and Analysis Manager.
Your responsibilities may include:
• Support the definition of THAAD missile defense scenarios
• Execute medium or high-fidelity digital system simulation tools
• Execute and analyze performance with component stand-alone simulation tools
• Create, update, and execute scripts to process data output
• Analyze weapon system performance data for current or future capabilities with guidance from lead analysts
• Analyze and provide recommendations to models and key system algorithms
• Support system level design reviews
• Work across the organization and customer/user community to ensure consensus and understanding of system performance and trades
• Brief key design decisions and analysis results to leadership
Typically has 0 - 3 years of professional experience.
When enemies attack, governments need be ready to defend their soldiers, citizens and infrastructure. That’s where THAAD comes in – it's one of the most advanced missile defense systems in the world and is ready to take on the challenge.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Scripting language experience (e.g., MATLAB, C, C++, Python, etc.)
• Understanding of the Systems Engineering Development process including one or more of the following functions:
a.) Design trade studies
b.) Requirements decomposition
c.) Performance predictions
d.) Algorithm prototype development
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
• Concept of Operations development
• Highly proficient with MATLAB, Python, C-shell, Linux, Excel
• Experience with missile defense or aerospace systems
• Experience using simulation and models to predict complex system behavior
• Experience creating algorithms
• Data analysis experience
• Technical documentation experience
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, synergetic team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build solid relationships with team members
• Active Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Design and Verification
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2