Contracts Negotiator (early career)
Job ID: 486820BR
Date posted: Jun. 12, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder.
The successful candidate will provide Contracts support to negotiate, administer, extend, terminate and renegotiate standard and nonstandard contracts.
In this role you will:
• Evaluate contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations.
• Maintain communications to ensure timely contract execution by the parties.
• Ensure final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
• May plan and participate in training of contract practices and negotiations to company personnel.
Must be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance. US Citizenship required.
Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, a 9x80 work schedule, and healthy living incentives.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to effectively establish working relationships with all customers, both internally and externally.
• Familiarity with contracting principles.
• Experience with basic financial principles.
• Ability to obtain Top Secret security clearance.
• Self-starter with an aptitude for learning.
• Acquisition and/or procurement experience.
• Experience with various U.S. Government contract types and FAR/DFARS.
• Knowledge of contractual agreements such as non-disclosure agreements and proprietary information agreements.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Contracts
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2