Accounting Clerk Sr
- Military veterans preferred
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
Provides general to complex financial, clerical and accounting services to assigned department within the company.
- Provides accounting, finance and clerical support
- Establishes and maintains department files in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Follows established guidelines in performing routine day-to-day tasks
- Screens telephone calls, visitors and incoming correspondences for assigned department
- Assists others with necessary financial systems access and processes to facilitate interaction with systems.
- Maintains pending files for discrepancies and ensures timely follow-up to resolve problems.
- Types off-cycle manual checks.
- Screens vendor telephone calls
- Reconciles bank accounts, post information and balances general or subsidiary ledgers, processes payments and compile segments of monthly closings, annual reports, etc.
- Compiles reports, verifies information and distribute to appropriate SBAs.
- Makes copies and prepares shipment packages for distribution.
Knowledge & Skills
- Type a minimum of 40 words per minute (wpm)
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft applications and data entry.
- Understand general computer skills for accounting environment
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- PeopleSoft knowledge preferred
Experience & Education
- Typically two (2) to five (5) years experience in an accounting or finance environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent plus some formal training.
- Six (6) hours credit in accounting principles preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions
More Jobs For Veterans...