Teacher - Elementary School - Grade K
- Military veterans preferred
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
The Elementary School Teacher is responsible for implementing the school’s instructional program for Grade K.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Maintains a classroom environment conducive to learning while teaching assigned subject or class according to adopted curricula and standards.
- Establishes a daily lesson plan following curriculum guidelines and adopted standards; prepares necessary materials; implements plan.
- Maintains student discipline and fosters positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Utilizes motivational tools and information technology to stimulate students.
- Maintains communication concerning individual progress with parents and school administration.
- Refers students for specialized help as required.
- Contributes to curriculum development and revision.
- Corrects assignments and evaluates student progress in timely fashion.
- Must participate in professional development activities as necessary to maintain licensure.
- Instruction in the classroom will be commensurate with the school’s stated philosophy, objectives and purposes.
- Cognizant of all rules and regulations in school handbooks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Human relation skills of the highest order are required to meet the needs of a diverse population.
- Requires initiative, perception and a broad knowledge of human behavior to understand the learning style of the individual students.
- Requires solid pedagogy in educational planning, instructional delivery, classroom management, and assessment.
Experience & Education
- Zero (0) to two (2) years’ experience teaching in an accredited school system.
- Experience of three (3) years teaching in an accredited school system preferred
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a related discipline.
- Current teacher certification in one of the 50 United States for grade level or subject area.
- Additional endorsement to augment major certification area is desired.
- Advance placement certification preferred as applicable
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under advise conditions
- Ability to travel domestically and internally
More Jobs For Veterans...