|Manufacturing Engineer II |
Tool / Fixture Design Engineer
Raytheon Precision Manufacturing (RPM) part of Raytheon Missile Systems is a market leader in high precision, aerospace and defense, mechanical product manufacturing. The business experienced substantial growth in 2018 with nearly 500 employees, and consists of multiple sites in the Dallas area. Reporting to the RPM Methods and Tooling Engineering Manager at the Lemmon Avenue site in Dallas, the Tool / Fixture Design Engineer will be responsible for creating innovative fixtures and tool designs supporting complex, high precision metal part machining, assembly and inspection. This position will include:
• Defining and establishing metal part manufacturing processes that are cost effective and meet all quality requirements
• Close interaction with engineering personnel responsible for NC programming, CMM inspection programming, machining, methodization and tool fabrication
• Day to day interaction with Raytheon employees including all levels of Precision Manufacturing management
• Changing and improving processes to increase productivity and manufacturing competitiveness
• Meeting cost and schedule commitments while maintaining the utmost standards for quality
• Working safely every day and supporting efforts to maintain an injury free work place
• Promoting a spirit of teamwork, cooperation and following company policies and procedures
• 2 years’ experience developing innovative, cost effective, tool and fixture designs that support precision machined metal part manufacturing and assembly processes.
• 1 years' experience designing fixtures utilizing ProE or similar CAD software.
• Must be proficient at reading and understanding written shop processes, engineering drawings, engineering change notices, work instructions, procedures, processes, routers and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
• Understanding of fundamental tool design requirements (i.e. datums, clamping, cutting forces, wear, material characteristics, loading, accuracy etc.) related to various product forms (castings, billets, forgings, extrusions) and demonstrated experience designing tools for similar products.
• Good knowledge of precision machining, assembly and inspection processes for 3-5 axis, machined parts.
• Solid exposure to Manufacturing planning and methodization of products including: cutting tool requirements, fixture design, process flow analysis.
• Experience with fixture manufacturing and supplier interface activities
• 4 years’ experience developing and designing tools / fixtures supporting precision, multi axis, machined aerospace metal part manufacturing
• 2+ years current experience designing complex mechanical parts utilizing ProE
• Recent experience working in an aerospace/defense engineering and manufacturing environment
Bachelor's Degree in STEM field required, preferably in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Industrial Engineering
Ability to obtain classified security clearance through the DOD
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.