Systems Engineering Manager II – Seapower and Sensor Systems
Bring your talent and skills to the following IDS group:
The Systems Validation, Test and Analysis Directorate (SVTAD) is responsible for integration, test and validation activities for Raytheon IDS Programs. SVTAD employees provide the expertise to ensure customer success through the development and execution of innovative and comprehensive test, verification, and validation strategies, processes, tools and techniques. SVTAD employees are involved in all aspects of test including: design-for-test, integration, subsystem and component level testing, and sell-off of IDS ' most sophisticated systems and technologies. Our System Engineers work with the other IDS Engineering disciplines from development of initial system concepts to product sell-off. We integrate hardware and software, develop test plans and procedures, debug and test system functions and interfaces, and verify system requirements in support of final selloff to the customer.
An opportunity for a Systems Engineering Section Manager currently exists within SVTAD's Seapower and Sensor Systems Department in Bath, Maine. SSS personnel execute installation, integration, verification, validation, and sell off for numerous defense programs with a primary focus on domestic and international naval systems. These include Surface Ship, Submarine, Mine-hunting, and Missile launching systems.
This position can is Salary Grade G10.
The Seapower and Sensor Systems department is in need of a Section Manager as a Front Line Leader (FLL) the responsibilities include:
- Supervises and leads a team of approximately 25 members.
- Establishes meaningful and measureable goals and communicates effectively with team to ensure alignment with the department and Raytheon company.
- Conducts formal and informal performance reviews and career development discussions.
- Leads by example, adheres to and ensures alignment with the Raytheon Values and Behaviors.
- Collaborates with multi-facet teams in the installation, operation, testing and troubleshooting of systems.
- Plans and executes independently software/ systems installation and integration plans and schedules.
- Prepares presentations and written communication for various stakeholders on program, team and internal customers.
- BS or MS degree in engineering or science curriculum
- Eight (8) + years overall engineering experience.
- Experience in the installation, operation, test and troubleshooting of complex military systems in a shipyard environment.
- Active Secret clearance or ability to obtain interim within 30 days from date of hire.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with software/systems installation, integration planning and execution.
What’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
- Experience with EVMS (Earned Value Management System) or similar budget tracking system.
- Knowledge of the Performance Development Process.
- EVMS Certified Level II.
- Certified Six Sigma Specialist.
- Experience with the Estimate at Complete (EAC) process and Engineering Labor Forecasting (ELF) System.
- Knowledge of business and program improvements using R6Sigma techniques through process improvement methodologies.
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
"Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive OfficerThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.