Manager II Systems Engineering
One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place…..
Raytheon offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
The Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID) is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). The more than 1,100 employees of SADID provide requirements definition and design at the system, subsystem and component level every day in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. Supporting this mission are teams providing domain expertise and creative solutions in surveillance, naval and missile defense based radar system design, sonar and undersea sensor system design, integrated air and missile defense systems engineering, command and control/battle management system design, combat system and platform architecture design and integration, operational analysis and simulation modeling research and development, software intensive system engineering, cyber solutions and algorithm development for signal processing, tracking and discrimination systems. SADID welcomes you to join our tradition of achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity conducive to a flexible work schedule and environment.
Join this highly visible team and perform technically challenging assignments which will directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters.
Are you interested in joining a dynamic, inclusive, and growing professional Cyber Security organization? Raytheon IDS created Cyber Solutions and Integration (CSI) to expand growth opportunities with a focus on system Anti-Tamper (AT) and Cyber Security architecture, requirements, design and implementation, as well as Cyber resiliency, threat awareness, and integration of Enterprise Cyber capabilities into IDS franchise solutions.
The CSI System Integrity Engineer will support programs, research efforts, and strategic initiatives in the areas of System Integrity, Cyber Technologies, and Information Assurance (IA). Typical responsibilities will require providing technical expertise in a multitude of protection areas, leadership, consultation, guidance, and support on IDS technical initiatives, programs, and Business Development activities (to include solution development, compliance definition, threat and vulnerability determination).
- Minimum 8+ years of progressive technical (hands-on) experience related to Systems/Software Engineering architecture, requirements, determination, development, and implementation
- Experience leading teams (such as IPT/CPTs)
- Experience with Cybersecurity or Anti-Tamper Techniques, implementations, and US Government System Security guidelines and provisions.
- Technical writing experience, in developing domain focused white papers, trade studies, and technical/policy documents in support of CSI related initiatives, programs and proposals.
- Experience in leading or supporting proposal development efforts, to include BOE generation
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Experience creating and delivering both informational and technical briefings
- Experience Mentoring, team building, and teaching technical IA/AT related skills to facilitate knowledge transfer
- Active DoD Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship status is required) or obtain within 1 year from start date.
- Prior experience in functional or program leadership role
- Strong communication, interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Experience interfacing with senior program and functional management
- Previous experience in the preparation of budgets, schedules, staffing, etc. as required to manage support to programs and initiatives
- Technical experience in multiple Engineering Disciplines (such as Systems, Software, Hardware, Electrical, Mechanical, etc)
- Knowledge of DoD Exportability/Releasability Requirements
- Knowledge of Program Protection Plan (PPP) required by DoDI 5000.02 and DoDI 5200.39, including in-depth understanding of balancing risk across the System Security Engineering Discipline and domain areas.
- Experience with COTS secure products
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.What’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
- Bachelors of Science degree (BS) in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other related field; advanced degree(s) preferred
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
"Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive OfficerAll these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.