Raytheon Supplier Engineers drive supplier technical performance in a broad portfolio of electrical, mechanical and energetic technologies. This is a Lead Supplier Engineer role working across the portfolio of approximately 20 programs that span electrical, RF, energetics, and mechanical technologies. This role provides leadership across the supplier engineering team supporting Cobham and General Dynamics Integrated Supplier Team, while being responsible for the specific Cobham Supplier Engineering responsibilities associated with the Standard Missile and ESSM programs.
Raytheon Supplier Engineers are involved in all aspects of planning and executing the production of our wide range of weapon systems, from tactical missiles to strategic defense products. Supplier Engineers provide technical knowledge & process capability expertise to improve supplier performance. Supplier Engineers are involved in all phases of product life cycles, beginning with proposal development, new product development, advanced manufacturing initiatives and continuing through production implementation. Supplier Engineers ensure technical data packages are complete and accurate and that the supplier technical performance meets the objectives of quality, cost and schedule. Supplier Engineers drive Raytheon design requirements to improve manufacturing and quality capabilities of suppliers. Supplier Engineers initiate continuous and measureable design and process improvement of supplier hardware for affordability.
U.S Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Required Experience, Skills & Education
- Hardware Management Team (HMT) Lead, managing the frequency of meetings and assuring agenda meets Program objectives.
- Coordinates with Supplier on rolling action item list with estimated completion dates and accountability.
- Responsible for compliance of Technical Data Package to Manufacturing Data Package Owner of process/manufacturing updates from supplier, review and verification method Manage product non-conformances; drive root cause and corrective action Lead supplier engagements (Raytheon Enterprise Supplier Assessments and Manufacturing Maturity Assessments) related to capability, capacity, opportunity and risk (pre-coordination, ensuring participation and proper preparation, agenda, post action item close out).
- Proactively identify supplier risk and develop the mitigation plan; prioritize and execute improvement opportunities, use statistical process controls to control and mange product quality and drive yield improvements.
- Lead affordability and improvement initiatives with supplier Collaborate with “EOSQP” (Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Quality and the Programs) to drive supplier performance to goals and track supplier metrics Create STAMPs (Supply-Chain Technologies for Affordable Manufacturing Products) and BOCs (bill of characteristics) for responsible hardware Engagement with Program to ensure supplier engineering is involved throughout the product life cycle and Program objectives are being met.
- Communicating to Program status and issues, attend peer reviews, program reviews and review boards.
- Ensure technical and cost/schedule rigor is followed.
- As a senior member of the Supplier Engineering team, lead and support other Supplier Engineers in the IST. Hold periodic Supplier Engineering team meetings.
- Mentor, develop coach and provide guidance to the Supplier Program Managers on Technical Matters related to IST.
- Work with Supply Chain Chief Engineer to implement Common Change Board for RMS.
- Travel to supplier locations as needed.
Desired Experience, Skills & Education:
- Bachelors of Science is required in one of the following majors: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Process Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering or related Engineering field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience to include experience in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, systems engineering, production/supplier management and Program/Production management is required
- Experience supporting business and functional deliverables
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a team based setting
- Experience working in a dynamic environment where work was planned, organized and prioritized
- The ability to understand technical requirements of procured parts, including Statements of Work (SOW)
- Experience with suppliers in the electrical, mechanical, RF and energetics supply base
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office® suite or similar software programs
- Experience conducting Supplier Assessments
- Experience with a process/drawing documentation system/tool
- Working knowledge of the STAMP tool and the SHARP database, or similar processes and tools
- US Citizenship
Security Clearance Requirements: This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of a Secret security Clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at
- Master’s Degree in the following Majors: Business Administration, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Process/Industrial Engineering, Materials Engineering, Systems Engineering
- Existing DoD Secret clearance
- IPT or Functional Leadership experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Exhibit strong engineering judgement
- Ability to brief Executive staff of both Raytheon and external suppliers
- A high degree of business acumen and skill in disseminating information and maintaining confidentiality
- Familiarity of Export/Import regulations
- Working knowledge of RESA, IPDS and other RMS processes
- Familiarity with corporate goals and aspirations
- Familiarity and experience with cost models and evaluating production costs
- Minimum of 5 years of experience interfacing and communicating with all levels within an organization as well as with a large external supplier and customer base
- Experience with design and development of products that fall within the electrical and/or mechanical engineering discipline
- Experience in manufacturing of mechanical components to include, but not limited to, airframes, structures, castings and harnesses and interconnects
- Excellent phone etiquette, outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.