General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Senior Configuration Analyst
Check out this great opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting-edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
Provides configuration management support to assigned projects
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Analyzes engineering change proposals to determine the effect on the overall system.
2. Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations, and system updates.
3. Performs various audits and documents results.
4. Monitors subcontractors and vendors to ensure that the applications of customer standards and requirements for the statement of work are properly implemented.
5. Develops configuration and data management documentation based on program requirements.
6. Participates in design reviews, audits, scheduling, budgeting, actions tracking, brief preparation, presentations, documentation, etc.
7. Initiates software, equipment, and services/support purchases. Acquires vendor quotes, manages procurement process, and interfaces with internal/external procurement stakeholders.
8. Identifies requirements and participates in the development and implementation of computer based configuration/data management systems and related support.
9. Executes Change Management as a component of the overall Configuration Management program.
10. Takes direction from the Configuration Manager.
11. Coordinates and communicates Change Management actions with the Asset Manager, Service Desk Lead, Systems Lead, and Networks Lead.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job. #BICES and #CJPOST.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
1. 5 years of relocated configuration management experience
2. Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in configuration management support.
3. Knowledge of and familiarity with configuration management software applications
4. Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a Secret Clearance.
5. Specific certifications may be required.
6. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#dpost #cjobs #cjpost #isdcj #GDITRecruiter #BICES