General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
C2 Systems Configuration Manager
Final SECRET clearance based on SSBI required
This position provides all aspects of Configuration Management services for C2 systems such as GCCS-J, GCCS-A, BCCS, CPOF, and JADOCS. The position takes a lead role in the Change Management process, to include the scheduling and execution of the Change Review Board (CRB) and the Change Management process. The position coordinates with both government and fellow contractors to execute the following Configuration Management functions and services:
- Evaluate industry Configuration Management tools and recommend their implementation to the customer.
- Implement and maintain a Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Define, document, and implement a Change Management Process IAW ITIL and industry best practices.
- Oversee and manage the Configuration Control Board (CCB) schedule, meetings, and processes and review and recommend improvements to existing Configuration Management processes.
- Track Mission Command System (MCS) baseline versions in coordination with respective Programs of Record (PoR) Program Management Offices (PMO).
- Obtain and disseminate new baseline software for Mission Command Systems (MCS) from respective Programs of Record (PoR) Program Management Offices (PMO).
- Track hardware warranty and software licensing costs and requirements, timelines, and expiration dates.
- Coordinate with team technical leads for the development of rollback and backup plans to ensure disaster recovery. Consolidate and track system and network configuration documents and diagrams to reflect approved baselines.
- Alert the Site Manager and/or customer when Configuration Management practices and policies are not followed.
- Practical knowledge of implementing Change Management process and procedures IAW industry standard Project Management guidelines required.
- Experience working in a Configuration Management role within a Dept of Defense or government environment preferred.
- Experience implementing a CMDB and Change Management tracking within an automated ITSM environment such as BMC Remedy a plus.
- Experience using SharePoint and related Work Flows desired.
- Experience using SCCM for system hardware and software inventory a plus.
- Experience working with Programs of Record (PoR) Program Management Offices (PMO) a plus.
- Must be able to operate independently with little or no supervision and must work well as a member of an integrated, interdisciplinary team.
- Candidate must be able to meet German TESA requirements.
- Candidate must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification requirements on day 1.
- Candidate must obtain ITIL Foundation certification within 90 days of hire.
German TESA requirements:
- A bachelors degree plus 3 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- An associates degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- 11 years of recent specialized experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#dpost #cjobs #cjpost #isdcj #GDITRecruiter