General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
At GDIT, our people are our business. We pride ourselves on the work our innovators do to support and secure some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the world. We wouldn’t be successful without our ability to attract new talent to join our team.
Are you ready to join and grow our 35,000 everyday heroes?
A Day in the Life:
· Provides support related to the procurement life-cycle (but not limited to) Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, Proposals, Purchase Order Negotiation, Purchase Orders and Closeout
· Participates in the development, negotiation, and administration of assigned NDAs, Purchase Orders, and other related agreements in accordance with client requirements and GDIT policies and procedures.
· Participates in the capture process by communicating with the vendors and direct purchasing teammates regarding data calls (i.e. pricing, past performance), assessing the responses received, and coordinating communications.
· Ensures timely processing of purchase order negotiations for fair and reasonable pricing as well as terms and conditions with assistance from peers or management and input from relevant stakeholders.
· Creates and maintains compliant audit files in accordance with customer requirements and GDIT policies and procedures.
· Generates reports on purchase order activity as required.
· Serves as a liaison and facilitator between the program team and the vendor regarding contracting issues.
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant procurement procedures and practices.
· Initiates and maintains a network of communication with GDIT internal stakeholders as well as external suppliers.
· Participates in special projects as required.