Job ID: 487047BR
Date posted: Jun. 13, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our exceptional skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with perfection, and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus. You bring the passion and courage to dream big and build a better tomorrow for everyone.
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. You will perform as a member of a team in the role of a Manufacturing Engineer supporting our Hypersonic Mechanical and Electronic Assembly programs.
This role will require you to be organized with exceptional attention-to-detail skills. You will collaborate with program management, our customer, manufacturing engineers, technicians, and other key essential team members supporting manufacturing. You will be relied upon to lead the team in daily assignment tasks for missile assembly, integration and testing, and ensure all activities meet program requirements. Individuals in this role typically have 8 or more years of professional experience, are able to work independently, and are self-starters with the ability to think and be dedicated in their efforts.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• You perform as product lead for shop floor support, maintaining manufacturing plans, tooling requirements, engineering change implementation and coordinating change in the build process within an electrical/mechanical ground support, launcher, test bed and missile manufacturing facility.
• You drive manufacturing processes design, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
• Design arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
• Determine sequence of operations and specify procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
• You Adapt machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
• Incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
• You inspect performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigate and initiate corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
• Develop manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control and may develop those techniques.
• You provide guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques; ensuring processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
• Perform under very general supervision to contribute to the completion of achievements associated with specific projects where failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
• Provide inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
• Specify solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
• Possess the willingness and ability to work extended hours and weekends when required to support production demand.
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings, schematics and specs.
• Experience implementing an integrated master schedule.
• Performance metrics and analysis experience.
• Quality assurance experience
• Presenting to Lockheed Martin leaders.
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin Space Systems processes (Earn Value Management Systems, Cost Accounting, Manufacturing Work Instructions, Routings, Production Orders, Bill of Materials, Qnotes, FFMEAs, FOE/FOD, CIPS, Specs LMS1000 and EMS200, etc.) or industry equivalent.
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin Space Systems system tools (SAP, EPDM, VECAMS, PMP Database, etc.) or industry equivalent.
• Aerospace or defense systems electrical and mechanical assembly experience or experience in a similar hardware type processing facility. Electrical harness and chassis manufacturing and test.
• ESD and Ordnance missile assembly, integration and test experience.
• Basic tooling, fixture and equipment design experience.
• Basic understanding of Additive Manufacturing CAD/CAM and 3D Printing capability.
• Lean Manufacturing and/or Lean Six Sigma experience.
• Possess or have the ability to be approved for a SECRET security clearance.
• Possess or have the ability to be trained and certified in accordance with LM SSC training requirement to perform all duties related to assigned tasks.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2