Job ID: 486580BR
Date posted: Jun. 13, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
• We are seeking a Project Engineer to support the Apex Program Management Office (PMO).
• Apex is a portfolio of small programs serving a variety of customers in mission data processing and distribution.
• The Apex PMO is looking for a Project Engineer to execute project management, support business operations, financial tracking and estimation, risk and opportunity management, program execution and CDRL deliveries.
• Additional PMO support duties will be assigned based on the candidate’s skills and background.
• As a member of a high-performing team you must be passionate about your trade, focused on customer satisfaction, and supportive of timely completion of tasks and deliverables.
• This position involves interacting with both the Apex and Government PMOs.
• You will work with PMs, Control Account Managers, Finance, Contract/Sub-Contracts, and Technical Leads.
• This position is located in our beautiful Boulder, Colorado location which has numerous amenities such as a fitness center, daily rotating food trucks, and a collaborative and modern agile workspace.
• To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package
Comes join us at Lockheed Martin!
-Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in an engineering or scientific discipline or experience in lieu of degree
-Experience with MS Word and Excel.
-Experience with Project Engineer tasks such as schedule development/management in MS Project (or equivalent), financial review/estimations in MS Excel, and coordinating/preparing for meetings.
-Experience to developing, updating and/or delivering CDRLs/documentation.
-Experience briefing and communicating with internal and/or external customers.
-Must have strong teamwork skills.
Active Secret, TS/SCI clearance or eligibility for reinstatement.
Experience with MS Project.
Experience with Confluence, JIRA and Gliffy.
Experience with P2P and/or VIP.
Experience with risk and opportunity databases or COTS tools.
Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Program Management
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day