GPSIII SW/Cyber Sr. Mgr
Job ID: 486722BR
Date posted: Jun. 13, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Navigation Systems mission area within the Military Space line of business is currently executing a multi-vehicle production run on the GPS III contract, starting a follow-on production (GPS IIIF) contract to continue the production line with an evolved system and missions, and developing plans to build on this foundation by growing beyond its historical products and customers. This position will manage all Software, Cybersecurity, and related support activities (many of which are performed by enterprise organizations) within Navigation Systems, including:
• Development, delivery and integration of space vehicle bus flight software across multiple vehicle configurations in coordination with EFSW/BusCOE
• Establishment and maintenance of program software development standards and configuration control in coordination with EFSW/BusCOE
• Development and maintenance of the GPS Database System tools, data parameters, and vehicle commands and telemetry lists
• Coordination of software and database releases to support vehicle integration and flight operations
• Development and maintenance of flight software development testbeds in coordination with EFSW/Tb&S
• Development, delivery and maintenance of hardware-in-the-loop space vehicle simulators in coordination with EFSW/Tb&S
• Development and implementation of information assurance and cybersecurity requirements, design and assessments
The successful candidate will manage a cross-functional team to ensure that scope is executed within cost/schedule/technical constraints, assess changes for budget and schedule impacts, make personnel decisions within the Software & Cyber organization, manage employee development and performance assessments, and interpret, tailor and execute policies and procedures that affect organizational performance.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Familiarity with the EFSW and Tb&S common solutions and strategy
• Experience in HW/SW integration & test
• Experience with the system engineering lifecycle and associated major reviews (e.g., SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR)
• Experience with software development process and methodologies (e.g. traditional waterfall, incremental, iterative, agile)
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate and resolve issues that affect software
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret level clearance
• Control Account Management and Earned Value Management experience
• Leadership skills and behaviors that align with Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives
• Established record of leading high-performance teams to meet cost/schedule/technical commitments
• Demonstrated successful team/relationship building skills across multiple organizational boundaries
• Demonstrated ability to interface and communicate with customers, peers and leadership
• Software life cycle experience
• Experience in complex system of systems architecture definition and system development
• Experience in managing cybersecurity / information assurance efforts
• Active DOD Secret or higher clearance
• Experience in the Spacecraft Database lifecycle
• Experience in the Spacecraft test and operations lifecycle
• Experience in real-time programming constructs
• Experience developing high-fidelity, hardware-in-the-loop spacecraft simulators and testbeds
• Experience in hardware/software integration activities using high-fidelity simulators
• Experience on military programs and knowledge of Government software standards, especially for USAF
• Experience in technical problem resolution
• Strong history of mentoring
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2