Electronics Engineer Manager, Avionics and Power
Job ID: 486614BR
Date posted: Jun. 13, 2019
Description:Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company at Littleton, CO?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you interested in joining us as an Electronics Engineering Manager? Are you prepared to take you career to new heights?
Join our Lockheed Martin team where you will lead a team of Special Test Equipment (STE) hardware and software engineers working on avionics and power components within the Electronics Engineering organization.
This will involve:
Managing the research, design, development, and testing of a variety of electronic equipment and systems, including:
• Radar and radiation detection equipment.
• Radio, television and other communications equipment and systems.
• Circuitry components.
• Analog and digital computers.
• Control and test equipment.
Additional responsibilities are:
• Manage the successful planning and technical execution of STE console design, fabrication, and certification which includes planning of detailed schedules, leading design reviews, managing WBS budgets, development of Acceptance Test Procedures in support of console checkouts and hardware system test, short and long term resource planning, and regular communication of STE status, supporting program reviews.
• Leadership duties will also include the support of: selection and hiring of staff, performance evaluations, promotions, job actions, career planning, training, leadership assessment, mentoring, merit distribution, personnel and hardware safety mitigation.
Daily responsibilities include:
• Coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training.
• Performance assessment.
• Work assignments.
• Salary and recognition/disciplinary actions.
We would like you to have:
• At least an undergraduate degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering or closely related discipline.
• 4 or more years in the development of Test Systems, or engineering development and manufacturing projects.
• Previous leadership roles
YOU WILL TYPICALLY HAVE:
• 9+ years of professional experience for this role.
• No security clearance is needed for this position but US Citizenship is required.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• 4 years prior experience in development of Test Systems or engineering development and manufacturing projects
• Proficient with MS Project or other similar software tools
• Prior team leadership experience
• Appropriate degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
• Advanced degree
• Excellent written and verbal communication with strong coordination and multi-tasking
• Experience working with Labs, technicians and engineers.
Project management experience
• Good understanding of Electronics design to effectively communicate with the STE design team.
• CAM experience.
• Prior experience developing / equipment
• Understanding of component, subsystem and system Level testing.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Electronics Engineering
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2