Experienced Project Engineer
Job ID: 486928BR
Date posted: Jun. 13, 2019
Description:Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been designing, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies. Are you ready to design what's coming next? Be part of a highly innovative team providing ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Lockheed Martin is looking for a dynamic, hardworking experienced Project Engineer to support a new Hypersonics weapons program. As such, you will support program management and operations activities to possibly include:
the selected candidate will support, coordinate and ensure success of multi-location program stand up at multiple security classification levels. The selected candidate will also investigate and recommend new technologies and processes that will improve classified program network capabilities and efficiencies. Additionally, the selected candidate will gain working-level knowledge of company & organizational strategies and program functions to aid in the development and creation of executive-level presentations. Candidate will develop, maintain and lead routine coordination meetings to ensure an integrated and successful program inception with sustainment execution. The selected candidate will support team project reviews and sustainment meetings as required.
• Active and transferable DoD Secret Security Clearance with investigation within 6 years (US citizenship required)
• Experience in Systems or Project Engineering, or related technical discipline experience
• Demonstrated ability to work with multiple engineering disciplines to identify technical product/project characteristics/requirements
• Ability to manage multiple program operational disciplines including Facilities, Program Security, Information Technology, Information Assurance, and Computer Security.
• Business acumen with project plan management experience
• Past experience w/DoD (DSS) accreditation of classified closed areas and classified computing networks.
•Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate with USG customers and communicating with senior level internal program management stakeholders
•Strong team and partner collaboration, communication and presentations skills
•Must be willingto provide occasional off-hours support for critical operations and work hours that support our functional stakeholders.
• Earned Value Management and/or Control Account Management experience
• Ability to define and document solutions to complex problems and to convey solutions to both leadership and internal/external teams
• Familiarity with program and design review process (SRR, PDR, CDR, FRR, etc.)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience coordinating with multiple key partners
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
• Space, Missile and/or Launch System program experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2