Software Engineering Sr. Manager
Job ID: 487132BR
Date posted: Jun. 13, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been designing, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies. Are you ready to design what's coming next? Be part of a highly innovative team providing ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry. Do you want to work in a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As we enter a new era of Missile Defense, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
We are currently seeking a thought leader to lead the Software Team for Ground Systems Development on the THAAD program in Huntsville, AL.
This leader will energize the team to bring efficiency to the solutions, engaging the workforce and driving talent development.
Some of your day to day responsibilities will include:
• You will be responsible for the overall leadership and project management of the software, simulators and tools to implement new system capabilities
• This role will be accountable for the technical, cost, and schedule aspects and ultimate completion of an integrated solution to the customer
• This leader of leaders will drive the THAAD ground software IPT, ensuring best practices, enterprise product insertion and process evolution, including engagement with cyber.
• This leader will be responsible for providing direction to subordinates based on general policies and management guidance and ensuring projects are completed on schedule and within budget
• Responsibilities also include coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions
• You will focus on directing the organization to meet critical schedules, and resolve critical/complex technical or operational problems
• You will work with software peers, subject matter experts, developers, customers, and work across the SMD team
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience as the project lead of a significant development effort involving multiple organizations
• Experience leading teams or departments responsible for the development of complex software based elements or systems
• Experience with software planning and execution throughout the requirements, development, design, build, test, and integration phases of a mid-size to large program
• Experience leading a diverse team showcasing strong team building, relationship building, and personal acumen
• Full Spectrum Leadership experience including a commitment to the Full Spectrum attributes of shaping the future, building effective relationships, energizing the team, delivering results, and modeling personal excellence, integrity and accountability
• Technical and leadership experience within Missile Defense, or other large scale weapon systems
• Experience with heritage Software Development Processes transitioning to agile methodology
• A problem-solver with strong skills in decision-making (related to cost, schedule, technical and risk), and closure (dedication to close open items/issues) to ensure mission success
• Good facilitator and able to lead resolution of issues
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex design information, technical decisions and issues to both highly technical and non-technical reviewers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members, leadership, and customers
• Ability to lead multi-functional teams and lead multiple teams to communicate and coordinate work as one team with common goals
• Ability to develop create solutions to difficult problems often requiring integration of conflicting and, at times, incomplete data on a fast paced schedule
• Strong proficiency in developing and delivering presentations to audiences large or small, of varying technical knowledge, and LM and customer senior leadership
• Proven track record of good judgment and programmatic execution necessary to meet technical requirements while balancing schedules and budget obligations
• Proven experience as a conceptual thinker with the ability to translate into action and results
• Experience with cost account management principles, techniques, and processes, minimum 1 year experience in either a CAM position, or a role with similar experience
• BS degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 10 years of technical and leadership experience
• Final Secret Clearance to start
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day