SAIC is looking for a Special Access Program (SAP) Security Officer (SSO) Support to support our customer in Hampton, VA. This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI.
The SSO’s primary function is to advise and assist the ACC Campus Government SAP Security Officer (GSSO) providing multi-discipline security support for one or more of the customer’s Special Access Programs (SAPs). The position will provide “day-to-day” multi-discipline analysis for SAP activities to include but not limited to classified collateral and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) data management in conjunction with those SAP activities. The Contractor shall:
- Ensure strict adherence to the provisions of the Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG), DoDM 5205.7 Volumes 1- 4, AF Implementation SAP Guidance and other Joint SAP policy.
- Assist GSSO with screening personnel for SAP access eligibility.
- Assist GSSO with updating applicable automated SAP database and review monthly.
- Execute approved policies and procedures for safeguarding SAPs, SCI, and classified collateral data in support of U.S. military operations.
- Provide day-to-day security support that includes continuous assessment of procedures to identify shortfalls and provide appropriate recommendations for revising and improving security policies, procedures, and systems.
- Identify vulnerabilities, threats, and risks to operational activities.
- Assist GSSO with performing accreditation of Ryan Center, room C105 and 106.
- Assist GSSO in providing subordinate facility assistance and oversight for Ryan Center, room C106.
- Brief all levels of the command structure, O-6 and up, on a variety of security-related topics.
- Assist GSSO by conducting and documenting SAP security Self-Inspections at least once per year as a minimum IAW JAFAN 6/9, follow-up on facility reviews, and close-outs.
- Monitor, report, and track all corrective actions resulting from compliance reviews.
- Ensure timely notification of pertinent security matters to program technical and management staff.
- Assist ACC Campus GSSO with investigation of any loss, compromise, or suspected compromise of classified and/or sensitive information. If appointed, conduct preliminary inquiries and generating damage assessments resulting from the loss of classified information.
- Coordinate with ACC Campus GSSO to ensure lessons learned are incorporated into the curriculum for the SAP security education & awareness program.
- Assist GSSO with writing comprehensive standard operating procedures (SOP) for Ryan center.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSA).
- Previous GSSO or SSO experience required - minimum four (4) years of experience
- Experience performing similar security related duties within the DoD – mininum five (5) years
- Familiar with security policy/manuals and DoD, Joint, AF and other guiding policy documents
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Experience working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision