KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Diego Garcia: Senior Analyst
- The work of this position includes responsibility for analyzing, managing, or performing work necessary to plan, design, develop, acquire, document, test, implement, integrate, maintain, or modify systems for solving problems or accomplishing work processes by using information technology (IT) systems such as computers, servers, routers, etc.
- The incumbent works with the client and/or their application representative by analyzing their IT requirements and ensuring that application interfaces conform to ONE-NET and FORCE-NET policies, guidelines, catalogues, etc.
- They work with the client and their representative to ensure conformance of their IT requirements.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Develops requirements and specifications for client application systems that meet ONE-NET standards and requirements; advises on the merits of proposed systems development projects; and applies a structured systems analysis approach to the design and development of new or enhanced IT applications.
- Evaluates the feasibility of proposed new IT application systems development projects and their interfaces into ONE-NET
- Consults with costumers to refine functional requirements and translates functional requirements into design specifications.
- Determines best approaches for implementation within the technical environment, and works with applications developers to isolate and solve design problems encountered during testing and implementation stages.
- Participates on project teams in the implementation of new/upgraded client IT application designs.
- Adheres to Problem and Change management processes and procedures.
- Provides user orientation on hardware, software and network operations.
- Mentors and leads other staff, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING
- Senior Analyst must meet requirements outlined in the DOD 8140 directive matrix IAM-1.
- Government systems: NIPRNET, SIPRNET.
- Project Management
- Top Secret security clearance required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university with a major in computer science/engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
- Five years’ experience working in an IT related systems analysis and engineering.
- Two years working UNIX or LINUX.
- Two years Network Management (HP open view, Cisco works, 3Com Network Supervisor).
Must be fluent in English
Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 15 months of remaining validity AND with at least 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining
Must possess driver’s license with at least 6 months of remaining validity
Job: Satellite Operations
Primary Location: GB-IO-Diego Garcia Island
Other Locations: US-US-TX-Houston
Req ID: 1083078